986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   what is with people??? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/14980-what-people.html)

Paul 01-09-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humara
My porsche doesn't have the word porsche on the trunk. :)
5,000 posts. congrats

Unless you removed the badge on your front trunk, your front trunk says PORSCHE!

Paul 01-09-2008 03:04 PM

Years ago someone asked if my Boxster was the new Thunderbird!

Brucelee 01-09-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humara
My porsche doesn't have the word porsche on the trunk. :)
5,000 posts. congrats

Thank you :)

victory3 01-09-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcutter
Hey, even car enthusiasts make mistakes...I came out of the gym the other day and saw a car with 4 vents up near the front fender...I immediately thought it was a Buick Lucerne (I rented one for a business trip a couple months back) and when i got behind it I was it was a Maserati. How would you like someone to mistake your Maserati for a Buick?

DMCUTTER, Here in Seattle there all kinds of exotics and just nice cars all over the road. And there are amazingly quite a few Maserati (Or is it Maseratis? Any way..) around town. I always make the same mistake. The buick always pops into my head when I see those vents. Plus that car is so wide and bulky to me. I cringe because I fear that this is what tne new Panamera saloon will look like. Amazingly no one confuses my Boxster with anything else out here... yet. But then I am in a sort of Porsche land, there are plenty of other Boxsters, Caymans, 911s, etc. out on the road.

-VICTORY

Kirk 01-09-2008 05:34 PM

Ah... I prefer to leave people guessing. I just have an "S" on the rear trunk. I switched to aftermarket wheels with no crest and I've got a carbon fiber hood with no crest. So outside my car just says "S", no "Porsche", no "Boxster". You know the old joke - they can see me zoom buy and say, "Wow, look at that "S" car go!".

Kirk

rick3000 01-09-2008 07:07 PM

The best I have gotten was an old lady asking me what kind of car it was at the gas station. Most people in my area don't comment because they only know the difference between a F150 and a F250. :cheers:

LoveBunny 01-09-2008 11:05 PM

I'd tell them it's a Hummer, the new convertible version.

But really, some people just have no clue about one car from another. I was with a friend and he went to get into a car he thought was mine. I have a black Lexus SUV. He was standing next to a silver Kia. Really, some people just think a car is a car so their opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Pilot2519j 01-10-2008 05:27 AM

They know better, but oh so stupid

A remark like that is from someone who is envious. Obviously a lout who think he is being funny. Porsche is the most desirable marque in the world of cars so it is a known quantity. If someone asked me that I would answer " You must be mistaken I own a Porsche" then proceed to enlighten him why that person is a moron.

Brucelee 01-10-2008 07:04 AM

Really, we have to understand that many folks simply don't know anything about cars nor care to.

That is fine. Tons of things I know nothing about.

:)

Franco 01-10-2008 03:42 PM

Hi, I don't understand how some people get so frustrated if someone doesn't recognize their driving a Porsche, do you drive it for your own pleaser or others.

Now that's being a Poser, problem resolved, no more Poser threads please :D

Thank you

Mazarin 01-10-2008 09:01 PM

I've had my Starion called a ton of different things:

Supra
Mustang
Daytona
RX-7

And even a 944 :P

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...IMG_0500-1.jpg

Good to see I'm interested in another car people cant recognize! lol

Brucelee 01-11-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazarin
I've had my Starion called a ton of different things:

Supra
Mustang
Daytona
RX-7

And even a 944 :P

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...IMG_0500-1.jpg

Good to see I'm interested in another car people cant recognize! lol

I always like that car.

:)

70Sixter 01-11-2008 07:30 AM

I am amazed at how many similar incidents I've had. Old couple at Sam's thought it "cute." That sorta hurt. But they were parking out in no man's land like I was, so they probably love their Buick a lot. Maybe they remember their Stutz Bearcat! :rolleyes:

Babe at gas station driving a huge Titan in Wilmington, NC . I got the "what is that?" line followed by a knowing nod when I told her. She "hoped to see me around." Yeah, I let her get away without getting her number thinking I really might see her at another gas station. Mrs Sixter woulda been p*ssed anyway. :ah:

And teenagers, mostly boys, give me a lot of thumbs up and "how fast will it go?" No idea if they know what it is. Got a thumbs up over the shoulder from one yesterday as they passed me in the passing lane in a hot looking Toyota PU. :cheers:

dmcutter 01-11-2008 08:19 AM

Yesterday my wife told me her boss had been on the way to work and saw a nice sports car and said, "hey, nice car" then she saw the driver and said "hey, nice looking guy"...then she said "oh, that's Susan's husband!"...that made my day.