986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   I Pulled The Trigger (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/14846-i-pulled-trigger.html)

husker boxster 12-31-2007 02:33 PM

I Pulled The Trigger (Now With Pics)

No signatures until Wed, but...

I've been looking nationwide for an 05 - 07 S and couldn't find one in a reasonable location that I had to have. Talked to the salesman at Boardwalk in Plano that sold me my 01S and gave him my list of wants. Thought I should talk to Woodhouse here in Omaha and give them the same opportunity - they've always treated me great when I needed service. So I stopped by after work today.

I give the salesman my list. We chat about it for a few minutes. They don't have anything on my list but would keep an eye out for me. As we finish chatting, I casually offer him $58 for the orange LE S on the showroom floor. Within 15 min he's down to $58 and giving me $20.5 for my trade. It was 3:50pm and they were closing at 4:30. It was a month-end / year-end deal but I needed to think about it (I can't spend that kind of money that quickly). I called him at 4:40 and agreed to the deal. By Wed evening I will be the proud owner of an 08 Boxster S Limited Ed.

I've thought out / planned out spending this much money, but I didn't wake up this morning with the intention of buying a car today. Kind of scared and excited at the same time. WOW...

bmussatti 12-31-2007 02:39 PM

Very cool! Congrats. :)

super66 12-31-2007 03:25 PM

I agree....very cool husker....and the trade should help offset some of that money! congrats....don't get cold feet :D

gmboxster 12-31-2007 05:29 PM

An 2008 Boxster S, EXCELLENT !! You lucky man. I know you will enjoy. I know it's a lot of money but man are you gonna love that car. Congrats !!!

peakpro 12-31-2007 05:29 PM

great.....best of luck

dmcutter 12-31-2007 05:40 PM

My buddy with the Bentley GT convertible said the dealer who sold it to him likes to say "Hey, it's only money..." Congrats. Sweet ride.

blkboxster 12-31-2007 10:03 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!

knurly 01-02-2008 07:00 AM

Congratulations!

Well done on the last minute deal!

I also just bought a LE'08 on 12/21 from the West Houston dealer. Using the same principle, I paid $59.7K. Sounds like you squeezed out a bit more coming in at the last second.

I now own #194 (of 250). Which one are you?

I didn't realize the options can vary a bit on the LE's. Mine came with:
* Bi-Xenons
* Heated seats
* Windstop
* Sport chrono
* Bose high-end
* Floor mats in interior color

What options came with yours?

djomlas 01-02-2008 07:16 AM

very nice man, but please this time resist the chrome wheels :)
enjoy, and post up some pics when u get a chance

Chills 01-02-2008 12:14 PM

Wow, that is so cool. I love the LE. Like the other said, post pics!

husker boxster 01-02-2008 04:00 PM

After a couple of restless nights, I picked it up this afternoon. Man, what a sweet ride. The shifter is light-years ahead of my 01. The extra 40 horses are great. I can't wait to get some nice weather to put the top down and hear the sport exhaust.

Knurly - thanks for asking. Mine is ZERO-ZERO-FIVE of 250. The salesman said the factory usually keeps #s 1 & 2. When I first saw this one in Nov that serial number really got me thinking.

As for options, it has the same ones Knurly listed plus a clear bra.

Pics are coming, but it gets dark early and I had too many stops tonight after leaving Woodhouse.

Also, I have a WTB in the classifieds. I'm looking for some 18" 987S wheels for my snows. If I get a set, then I'll sell my Sport Classic IIs. I know DJ will be kicking himself for not calling dibs on the chrome lobsters, but they are gone. :D

ddb 01-02-2008 04:19 PM

Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

knurly 01-02-2008 06:39 PM

"Fun" Button

Husker: I see now you are in Omaha -- a bit cold for the top down!

Fortunately Austin is a bit warmer, and I've had several chances to hear the Sport exhaust. Porsche should have labelled the button "More Fun". :) I can't quit poking it -- just to hear the exhaust open up.

Funny story: pulled up to a stop light where a beggar was working the row of cars. Beggar walks over to my bright orange Boxster and loudly exclaims "What a purty car!".

I've never had the kinds of reactions this car is getting. Something about the color + shape evokes thoughts of fun for people.

VTCMart 01-02-2008 06:55 PM

Nice choice. I've seen your car in person! (well before it was yours) You can't help but stop and stare at the LE. Guys at Boardwalk I've had experience with are great too. Enjoy!

humara 01-03-2008 06:48 AM

congrats.
those are some amazing deals for the 08 LE.
i hate when i see something that is an amazing deal but still can't afford it.
enjoy

vincesf 01-03-2008 08:51 AM

Congrats, and would really like to see some pics when you have a chance. I am sure it must drive like a dream.
Thanks,
vincesf

djomlas 01-03-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster

Also, I have a WTB in the classifieds. I'm looking for some 18" 987S wheels for my snows. If I get a set, then I'll sell my Sport Classic IIs. I know DJ will be kicking himself for not calling dibs on the chrome lobsters, but they are gone. :D

ahh damn it man, ive been wanting to get my car "rimmed up" in some chrome :cheers:
thx a lot, now i gotta look elsewhere :D

Pilot2519j 01-03-2008 09:49 AM

Everything is great

Stroke of good fortune!. Good luck and enjoy it.

Chills 01-03-2008 10:41 AM

Ok, after this thread and the one where the Scottish dude's dad got the Cayman SD 1 I'm officially jealous.

I went to Porsche's website and priced out the Box LE and the Cayman SD1. Both are affordable for Chills.... hmmmm.... and I owe less on my Box that what the trade in is estimated on KBB.

Must resist buying new Porsche. lol

I just got my BoxS a little over a year ago. I think I'm having withdrawls because I haven't driven it in 2 weeks. :(

schwank 01-05-2008 10:03 AM

Hey husker, if and when you decide to sell the Sport Design rims, let me know. They are my favorite and I would love to replace the 18" turbo twists we have currently.