Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2004, 07:10 AM   #1

Just In: '03

Well, after a month with the 2001, along comes this 2003 . . . so there went the 2001!

Only 13K miles, seal grey, and most important - the glass back window!

It just don't get much better than that!

roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:42 AM   #2
b0xt0La

Wow nice. But if I were you I would've waited untill the 987 was out which will drive the 986's price down more. Finally porsche caught up with the rest of the world and put glass rear windows with defrosters.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:54 AM   #3
porsche986

I must admit and i aint just saying this because i have a plastic window, but i think the "softtop" should always stay plastic window, ferrari have said this for years...

plastic all the way for.. although the glass window wont mark and can be tinited i think the shape looks strange...

dont bite my head off as i am sure people will disagree but i wouldnt go for a glass rear window, i just think plastic looks superb and really add to the shape of the car, i just hate the idea of glass windows inside soft tops.

i didnt think the 03 boxster had glass windows... thats news to me..

remember boxster rpices have fallen in the second hand market due to people handing them back to the higher purchase company and with the new 987 this wont help..