Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #21

Talking

Congrats, Bobby. Truly an amazingly cool car. I would take extra care of this 987 if you can, due to the awesome color & limited run, you might actually have a chance of a Boxster that might be somewhat collectible and might not lose 50% depreciation in the first 6 months of new ownership.

Just kidding, ride it hard and have fun!
Send some "action shots" when you get the beast into its new den. (home)

Cheers!

meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #22

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us, you purchased a great car. You will be absolutely amazed at what this car will do. There is just nothing else like it.
vincesf
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #23

Bobby,

Your story is similar to mine in almost every way. First I was interested in the standard 08’ Speed Yellow, which was until I test drove the S and had to have one. But getting a speed yellow S was a tall task. Then my wife noticed the Limited Edition Orange on the floor and encouraged me to buy it, so we did. We took it to Napa for the weekend (100 miles each way from SF Bay Area) fully enjoyed the road trip and I’m thrilled with our decision.

My Limited edition appears to be identical to your in all options and MSRP. Mine is
# 17 of 250, what # is yours?

Enjoy!

Quicksurfer@Comcast.net
quicksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #24

We still havent agreed on a price. The dealer claims that on an limited Edition car they normally wont budge from MSRP. I told them at a minimum I had a budget of 65k to stay within. Looks like I may be calling around to some other dealers tomorrow. 250 units produced or not..... 68K for a boxster just seems a tad steep. I can get a 2007 911 left over for just 8k more.

There seems to be a decent amount of them still sitting at dealers in the northeast. Maybe i'll wait till the single digit temps sink in up here and see whats still available.

I'll keep you all posted.

BC
Bobby Carbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #25

wait for it man....of course they claim they can't budge....I think you are making the right choice to wait it out....they'll want to sell it bad enough as it gets colder and colder and that car gets older and older
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #26

What part of NJ are you in? I saw an orange Special edition at my dealer in Cherry Hill. Unbelievable car!

I am a little jealous.
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #27

The GT3 RS orange looks a bit different in person than in the official ads, but I like it! Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, TX has a base special edition out front for anyone in the area.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:20 AM   #28

I am in Freehold, NJ right along Rt 9. Once the nice weather returns we should get the NJ guys together for a nice drive. Princeton Porsche is always waiting on delivery of a LE Boxster S without extended Nav.
Bobby Carbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksurfer
Bobby,

Your story is similar to mine in almost every way. First I was interested in the standard 08’ Speed Yellow, which was until I test drove the S and had to have one. But getting a speed yellow S was a tall task. Then my wife noticed the Limited Edition Orange on the floor and encouraged me to buy it, so we did. We took it to Napa for the weekend (100 miles each way from SF Bay Area) fully enjoyed the road trip and I’m thrilled with our decision.

My Limited edition appears to be identical to your in all options and MSRP. Mine is
# 17 of 250, what # is yours?

Enjoy!

Quicksurfer@Comcast.net
Qucksurfer,

I noticed from your post that you live in the SF area. My wife and I are visiting from Pennsylvania and just took a bus trip from SF to Carmel and Monterey along the coast. We loved it including watching all you surfers have fun in the frigid water. The only thing I was crying about all day is that we should be doing this tour in our Boxster with the top down. It was perfect weather yesterday (about 60F). Anyway, we love this area and hope to return again.

I wonder if I could pack the Boxster as a carry on next time
Heated Seats / Cruise
Traction Control / Factory Hardtop
Bumper Plugs / Zaino Z2 Z6 Z8
jci-joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jci-joe
Qucksurfer,

I noticed from your post that you live in the SF area. My wife and I are visiting from Pennsylvania and just took a bus trip from SF to Carmel and Monterey along the coast. We loved it including watching all you surfers have fun in the frigid water. The only thing I was crying about all day is that we should be doing this tour in our Boxster with the top down. It was perfect weather yesterday (about 60F). Anyway, we love this area and hope to return again.

I wonder if I could pack the Boxster as a carry on next time

jci-joe

The drive from SF to Carmel and Monterey along the coast is one of my favorite drives. Did you also do 17 Mile Drive, now that great too...... I have been to Pennsylvania in over 25 years, but I remember some wide open country there. Next time your out here look into renting a convertible and enjoying the trip.

Next time come in spring/summer. The Bay Area, Carmel Montery, Pebble Beach that time of the year averages 75 - 85 degree weather.

Nice to hear from you!

Quicksurfer.

quicksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote