986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Boxster clothes or hats (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/1364-boxster-clothes-hats.html)

Boxstergirl77 08-24-2004 09:35 AM

Boxster clothes or hats

Does anyone know a site where I can get Boxster clothes or hats? I have plenty of Porsche stuff and now I want to start showing off my Boxster. :)

Automon 08-24-2004 10:09 AM

I have purchased hats and Polo's of of ebay
Automon

porsche986 08-24-2004 11:56 AM

the best place is located here ... i dont think there is a better place.. i have tried ebay and been let down by the quality of the caps ect...

try here.. www.fvd.de

Great service, and good delivery i have found.. www.fvd.de

Ronzi 08-25-2004 05:18 PM

Porsche publishes a little handbook-size catalog called "Selection-Lifestyle Accessories from Porsche". Dealers usually have it in their parts dept. It's boutique-type stuff available from their dealers, and through their web site. Sixty-five pages of Porsche-logoed items from key fobs to clothing to luggage to wine glasses. All at thoroughly outrageous prices, as you can imagine.
Almost none of it is Boxster-specific.
It is very difficult to find Porsche clothing in the typical T-shirt shop. Bordering on impossible, I would say. I was in a shop on the wharf in San Francisco that had hundreds of automobile logo T-shirts and hats, including Ferrari, Maserati, etc., on and on, and not one single Porsche-logo anything. They are extremely jealous of their trademarks and go after anybody that infringes. Consequently you have to really look for Porsche stuff.

porsche986 08-26-2004 04:42 AM

Ronzi what do you mean go after...

do you mean sue or just warn... i was wanting to start doing some porsche badges on caps and expensive jackets..

do you rekon they will warn me off or sue me?

RandallNeighbour 08-26-2004 10:45 AM

Porsche986:

First, you'd get a "cease and desist" letter from their legal department most probably. It's a formal warning and if you don't adhere to it, they'll sue you and even if you win, you will have spent a lot of money.

The Porsche Badge is trademarked internationally and they have lawyers on retainer in every country of the world.

You wouldn't get in trouble just making up your own for yourself and family or friends, but if you started selling the items with non-Porsche authorized logos on them, eventually they'll find you and do as much harm as possible.

I share this info because I have spent thousands trademarking stuff to keep others from using it. I've even had my lawyer send cease and desist letters from time to time just to help them understand I'm serious about keeping my organization's logo and name unique.

porsche986 08-26-2004 11:08 AM

Exellent advise. thankyou..

Check your private message randell, you have mail

Ronzi 08-26-2004 02:34 PM

Most of you are probably familiar with the "Rennlist" Porsche discussion group(s). Years ago it was called "Porschelist", or something that had "Porsche" in the name, at any rate. Porsche went after the folks that started the list, as described by RandallNeighbour, for infringing on the "Porsche" name. After several months of fruitless negotiation, the list had to change it's name.

porsche986 08-27-2004 07:30 AM

yer i remember that domain name... was this forum also not called porsche986forum and it had to be changed to 986forum or something... it was along time ago but i remember something like that:

i dont know why porsche are so huffy about porsche customers doing forums and sites to show there happy with the car they have...
Porsche did hit the web hard and fast a year ago shutting down lots of domains..

I know posting in message boards is a legal minefield so thats why the mods here are quick to delete or remove "borderline" messages not only to protect the founder jt but also the members..

good job!