986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Wanted to introduce myself... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/13630-wanted-introduce-myself.html)

Padawan 10-10-2007 03:18 PM

Wanted to introduce myself...

I'm not sure what the policy is with regard to introduction threads, but hopefully no one will mind. :)

Today I picked up my first Porsche, a 2000 Boxster in Guards Red with a black interior and black top. Overall, I am extremely happy with it, and I'm learning a lot about the 986 from reading through these forums.

It's in very nice shape, and has many of the options I wanted: the sport package, heated seats, traction control, 17" Boxster Design wheels, and the coloured wheel crests.

I am certain I'll have many questions as I get to know the car better, and I'm glad to have found this resource. I am a moderator on another automotive forum, and this seems to be a friendly community.

-Christopher :cheers:

ichiro75 10-10-2007 03:22 PM

Welcome

Welcome to the forum!

I am also a relatively new member. Picked up a 2000 White Color Boxster 2 weeks ago and so far I am extremely pleased with the car. :D The only not so good thing is that I am beginning to regret not getting a 'S' model.

blkboxster 10-10-2007 03:28 PM

Welcome to the forum, post some pics :D

:cheers:

SC986 10-10-2007 03:29 PM

First post with a new Boxster without pics :eek:

Welcome to a great forum and congrats on the purchase!

bmussatti 10-10-2007 04:25 PM

We need pics!!!

Welcome to the Forum. :)

boxstershorts 10-10-2007 04:49 PM

bmussatti: You're right...you DO need a pic.

At least I have a excuse, I'm to much of an idiot to figure out how to make my pic small enough to fit in here without blowing up the site.

AUDIOGUY 10-10-2007 04:51 PM

Welcome! What part of NJ are you from..
I am in Southern NJ.

Post some pix!

Sammy 10-10-2007 04:54 PM

New guy buys the coffee and donuts! :D

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the board!

The first thing you should put on your list of things to do is to join us next year for the 986 Forum trip to the Tail of the Dragon. ;)

RandallNeighbour 10-10-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy
The first thing you should put on your list of things to do is to join us next year for the 986 Forum trip to the Tail of the Dragon. ;)

Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!

Can't wait!

Bob O 10-10-2007 05:21 PM

Have fun. Enjoy it. Drive it in good health.

Grizzly 10-10-2007 05:57 PM

Welcome to the forum. You'll like it here. Congrats on your purchase.

Oh...yeah...we need some pics.

nola911 10-10-2007 06:20 PM

RUN. 986 IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO ME THIS YEAR. YOU ARE STILL RELATIVELY FREE AND ONLY YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF.

This sight has cost me half the cost of my car so far in modifications. These guys make me lose sleep at night thinking of things that I have done to and want to do to my car. I have, unfortunately, learned of wheels that I NEED to have, tires that I NEED to have. I lose focus at work meetings as I think of the sound of my exhaust revving through the RPMs. It's an addiction!

Seriously now, welcome to the forum. You will find the members very helpful when you have a problem. It has been an invaluable resource for me so far, and I hope you find it useful to you to. Now, post some pics.

Padawan 10-10-2007 07:43 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

AUDIOGUY, I'm in Bergen County, which is in northern NJ.

Sammy, that might actually be doable. :) Any idea of the distance from NJ? I'm also hoping to participate in a few local gatherings of members here.

And don't worry, pictures will be forthcoming. I just need to charge my camera and get her cleaned up. Today was rainy, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from taking a nice, long first drive.

blinkwatt 10-10-2007 08:26 PM

Welcome! You will learn a ton just by hanging around here. If you ever have any questions feel free to post,someone on here will have an answer for you.

rdancd816 10-10-2007 09:35 PM

Best Boxster forum on the web! This site is addictive, informative, and at times hilarious! Welcome, and as all have said...post some pics!

squeak 10-11-2007 02:32 AM

Welcome! :)

Has anyone said to post some pics yet??

Cheers, Gord.

Brucelee 10-11-2007 05:36 AM

Welcome aboard. Pictures please! :)

bmussatti 10-11-2007 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padawan
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

AUDIOGUY, I'm in Bergen County, which is in northern NJ.

Sammy, that might actually be doable. :) Any idea of the distance from NJ? I'm also hoping to participate in a few local gatherings of members here.

And don't worry, pictures will be forthcoming. I just need to charge my camera and get her cleaned up. Today was rainy, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from taking a nice, long first drive.

I'd say it would be about 800 miles to the Dragon. Well worth the trip. You can make it there in under 8 hours!! :D

When I did the trip in early May, I did 2,000 miles door-to-door.

bmussatti 10-11-2007 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxstershorts
bmussatti: You're right...you DO need a pic.

At least I have a excuse, I'm to much of an idiot to figure out how to make my pic small enough to fit in here without blowing up the site.

Boxstershorts, I don't know how to post/make an avatar either. I need to send DJ a pic from the Dragon, and have him do his magic. :)

Bambino Don 10-11-2007 05:58 AM

Hows it going dude, ive been in my box since 1st August, and it is the best, this forum is helpful tho i still feel outsiderish on here as some of these guys have posted for years together and know there historys.

James