986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Hi, Im new member with a big problem.! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/13622-hi-im-new-member-big-problem.html)

maurim3 10-10-2007 05:01 AM

Hi, Im new member with a big problem.!

Hello everyone. Im from Asuncion, Paraguay. South America. The thing is I bought a 2000 2.7 boxster from the USA and it got to me last week. But it seems that somewhere in the way of getting here to me some parts where stolen from the car. Actually a LOT of parts. Im missing EVERYTHING that goes attached to the engine. Alernator, Starter, INtake manifold, Air mass sensor, throttle body, ECU and wires to the engine, pipes, belts, coil packs, etc etc. Do you think theres anything that I can do? Let me know ! thanks for you time

drburton 10-10-2007 05:09 AM

First I would confirm that the parts became missing during shipping versus the car was already in that condition prior to shipping. If it happened during shipping, contact the company that shipped it. They would be liable to damage to the property and should be insured so they can pay you for damages. Otherwise, I assume you have car insurance. You may want to talk to your insurance agent and see what course of action they recommend.

If the transport was within U.S. borders I think this would be a pretty easy case to get resolved and reimbursed. I'm not sure how the international part impacts the potential resolution.

Sputter 10-10-2007 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurim3
Hello everyone. Im from Asuncion, Paraguay. South America. The thing is I bought a 2000 2.7 boxster from the USA and it got to me last week. But it seems that somewhere in the way of getting here to me some parts where stolen from the car. Actually a LOT of parts. Im missing EVERYTHING that goes attached to the engine. Alernator, Starter, INtake manifold, Air mass sensor, throttle body, ECU and wires to the engine, pipes, belts, coil packs, etc etc. Do you think theres anything that I can do? Let me know ! thanks for you time

Holy cow!
I guess the shipper would be first on the list to question. They would have insurance for damage etc. If nothing there then check with whoever delivered it to the docks. Clearly it wouldn't have been running had the stuff been removed prior the boat ride. The last check would be the seller to verify the running of the vehicle.

Or you could start in the reverse order i mentioned to find out approximately when the parts went missing.

I don't know anything about overseas shipping but man i'd be pissed/upset.

Somebody had the tools/time to strip it.

Please keep us updated and i hope you can get it solved with a minimum of grief.

MiguelinDallas 10-10-2007 06:41 AM

Hola,

Bienvenidos. The only thing I would do is back track from where you bought the car, then on to the shipper. Needless to say, all the parts you mentioned will be VERY expensive to replace.

Good Luck

cartagena 10-10-2007 11:07 AM

Which shipping company was it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurim3

Ferrari 10-13-2007 12:55 PM

It's important to document any damage missing parts when pick up the car. They may not be too sympathetic if that was not done.

Years ago I imported a new Ferrari and it had some marks on the passenger seat and a slight scratch on the door. The insurance company paid for all repairs which went well over a thousand dollars, but I had the car inspected at the time I picked it up at the docks in Los Angeles.

The problem is with the workers who come over on the ship. They like to sit in the cars and play sound systems, eat, relax during the long ride; and in your case, they may have elected to strip the car.

Good luck.