Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #1

Unhappy Break-in to locked storage

Hi all, it looks like someone decided to break into the locked storage area between the two seats in my 2000 Boxster. They took my leatherman knife, flashlight and a few other goodies I keep there. Anyone have an idea how much a new unit goes for as I am trying to decide about an insurance claim. I think we have a 500.00 deductible.

BTW, there were lots of "goodies" in the door pockets as well as a high-end stereo head unit that they were not interested in, go figure. I guess I cannt help but looking at the bright side, if they were going to do some damage, they could have done a lot more.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #2

Where was your car at the time and was the top down and if not how did they get through the top? Did you have an alarm? What time did it happen. Sorry for the loss.
kavlono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
Hi all, it looks like someone decided to break into the locked storage area between the two seats in my 2000 Boxster.
Wow, that sucks! Sorry about that man. It really makes me think twice about leaving my top down, even with the storage compartment locked. I don't know the replacement cost, but I doubt it'll be above your deductible, unless you have a dealer replace it and have to go through some hassle to get the key to match. Post some pics if you can. If just the lid is broken that may not be a big deal and I believe they make carbon fiber lids.

Kirk

Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote