Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #1

This week...

I took a whole Boxster interior apart, installed a short shift kit, repainted all the plastic peices on the interior that had that "soft touch paint" on them, removed a rear bumper cover and front hood, and fixed a scratch going the entire length of the side.

If you can't tell I just started working at a bodyshop and the only car I've worked on so far are Boxsters. Before long I'm going to be an expert. Fun work though, we had a 360 Modena in a couple days ago also.

So, I'm going to paint all of the soft touch pieces in my car semi gloss black and just bought a B&M short shift today. It's nice not having to pay people to install this **************** now and I get to use all the shops tools.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
bmussatti

We need photos!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboxster01
It's nice not having to pay people to install this **************** now and I get to use all the shops tools.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I wish I worked at a body shop. It's hard work, but it would be really cool to work on my own car (bodywork-wise) and know what I'm doing!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #4

We really don't have anything in there that's super badass right now. A couple 911's, couple Boxsters, VW Eos, Audi A6, a couple 911 race cars, and the shop owners E30 M3, 67 911SC, BMW 2002, , some Porsche's on the rotisserie.

But, if there's something cool that comes through, I'll take pics of the shop then.

Kip Ewing used to work for the guy I work for now. He's one of the head designers of the Ford GT and the designer of the GTX1.

www.huberrestorations.com

This is the same shop that did my front end conversion.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote