Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 AM   #1

New Hardtop, New Suspension

Just picked up my Hardtop and had my suspension fitted yesterday. It is the KW Variant 3, very similar to the PSS9 kit. I have it set up 15mm lower at front 30 at the rear. The picture is from my phone, I will get some decent ones this weekend.

Got another track day and a trip to the Nurburgring coming up so hopefully it will be a bit tighter than the standard set up

Cheers

noone986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:36 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Fast looking car. I like the hard top from that angle.

I'm soooo jealous you're going to Nurburgring.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:05 AM   #3

SWEEEEEEETTTT!
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #4

Nice that you blokes can just make a day trip to the 'Ring. I'd love to drive on it someday!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #5

Looks great!! To drive my car around the ring would be a dream come true. Have you driven your Boxster around it before? If so, how did you stack up compared to other vehicles?
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #6

Thanks for the compliments. It still needs fine tuning for fitment but I am pleased. The suspension is great, has not reduced the comfort levels too much and the stability when pressing on is amazing. Cant really tell if it is much better until the track event later in the month. I was going OK on the standard one and was not overtaken by too many cars

I live in the north of England so the 'Ring is about 8-10 hours drive (650 miles~) including 30 mins for the train under the sea. I am doing a 4 day trip 12-15th October. The dudes from London can do it in 1 or 2 days.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #7

Congrats on the new additions. The top really makes a difference doesn't it! Make sure you give us a full report on the trip!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone986s
Thanks for the compliments. It still needs fine tuning for fitment but I am pleased. The suspension is great, has not reduced the comfort levels too much and the stability when pressing on is amazing. Cant really tell if it is much better until the track event later in the month. I was going OK on the standard one and was not overtaken by too many cars

I live in the north of England so the 'Ring is about 8-10 hours drive (650 miles~) including 30 mins for the train under the sea. I am doing a 4 day trip 12-15th October. The dudes from London can do it in 1 or 2 days.

Nice man! Get some pictures and post an after-action report! Tell us how your awesome ride does!

I'd think you could do that drive straight through... I'm crazy like that, I'll drive from Austin to Phoenix (1000 miles) straight through. Takes me about 15 hours. I drove from Austin to SW Virginia once (1200 miles) straight through in about 18 hours once.

We're about to have Boxstoberfest down here in Texas this weekend. Tomorrow evening is the meet n greet. Saturday we'll be doing some drives... there's some great roads out in the Hill Country of Texas. I'll get lots of pics and post them Sunday.

Cheers!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #9

man that's a nice pic for a cell phone....
BOXZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #10

I used to live in Dallas and I think my longest was a 700 mile trip that resulted in being stopped by a state trooper at about 2am at what he claims was 105mph , having a British license was useful. He had no idea what to do and just let me go for a "fine"

15 hours is a heroic effort. I know you can see it sometimes but the British show Top Gear does these long distance "races". The best was when he drove from London to Norway in a Mercedes SLR.

The Boxstoberfest should be great, I cant swing a business trip to my office in Dallas this month or I would join you.

The picture is from a Motorola Z8, worst phone I have ever had, good camera though. These manufacturers seem to have relegated the business of being a good phone to 8th or 9th on the list ????

I am loving the KW suspension, more details soon......
Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 AM   #11

Sweet-looking ride, I especially like the wheels. I have often said my favorite mod has been the addition of coilovers. I dont know if it was just that the stock suspension on my 2000 car had been getting soft, but there was always a lot of body roll on hard cornering. With the PSS9's and lowering, the car has become very stable on turns, and like you, I do not find the ride too harsh, definately worth the price of admission.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #12

I love Top Gear. I get BBC America on cable and the new season just started a few weeks ago! Great cars and he is funny!!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:55 AM   #13

Well I finally got around to taking some pictures. I have just washed the car ready for my trip to the Nurburgring on Friday. I will post some pics of that in about 10 days time

Cheers
Old 10-06-2007, 04:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone986s
Well I finally got around to taking some pictures. I have just washed the car ready for my trip to the Nurburgring on Friday. I will post some pics of that in about 10 days time

Cheers

Beautiful pictures.....I miss Europe....Love the wheels! They are my favorite.
Congrats on the upgrades!!! It looks great, you should be quite proud.

Have fun on the ring!!! Enjoy life, my friend.
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #15

Can't wait to see the pics from Nurburgring. Did you ever get any adjustments to your top? I'm still in need of that and the drivers window.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
beautiful car man, it sits perfect.
cant wait for some pics
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #17

Thanks guys!

I did adjust the top and got it to sit a lot better however I am still getting a little wind noise coming in at higher speeds. I will try to move the rubber seals as described on another post somewhere. I have not tried this yet.

In-car filming is not allowed :-( so I will try to get what I can and get plenty from the spectator points.

Cheers