Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
blkboxster

Bought new set of tires

Hey, just bought Sumitomo HTR Z II a set of 4 for $308.00 ,

My friend just told me about them, hes says there great, he has a c5 z06, so they should be good , now i feel like doing a burnout to finish up the old tires

Last edited by blkboxster; 09-30-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
Hey, just bought Sumitomo HTR Z II a set of 4 for $308.00 ,

My friend just told me about them, hes says there great, he has a c5 z06, so they should be good , now i feel like doing a burnout to finish us the old tires

4 tires for $308???? That seems pretty cheap. I don't know much about em, but I don't think they will hold up or perform like Pilots, PZeros, or even Kumho's. I think in most cases you get what you pay for --- maybe $600-700 vs. 1000-1200, but $300? Plus unless you get all that smokin aces, burnout, clutch popping activities out of your system, you will be replacing them pretty quickly, maybe you should order 12 tires just to be sure you have enough....., heck you can order 12 for less than a full set of Pilots...
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
blkboxster

Lol, my other deciding factor was i read that Mr,Randall Neighbour also had them on his car and liked them so if its good enough for him its good enough for me.

yeah the price is pretty damn cheap, got them on tirerack.com.