Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
boggtown

New Vette

New vette. Not mine, my grandpa's. My mom came into the city to take me out to lunch and came in his new vette. Its an 08 atomic orange targa. Chrome 18's, light brown leather with dark brown upper accents. That thing is nice. Like hardcore nice. I went to drive it around the plaza some. Its a beast, 430 horses... I got some "nice car"s form some kids and thumbs up from grown people. Its so much better than driving a Porsche, cause everyone doesnt hate you. Your loved, your driving an American tradition with American power and people like it. I can do smoky burnouts cruising from 35... Go from 60 to 110 in 2 seconds. Its a damn rocket. It has the smart key where you just have to be near the car for it to unlock and you able to turn it on, never leaves your pocket. Nice stereo for stock, lots of bass and clarity, puts all my other cars sound system to shame (except my subs, those rocked your spinal fluid), and has XM. Will take some pictures here in a bit, but damn, that thing is the balls. If I owned one id be dead. No joke. And have 100 speeding tickets.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Sounds like a great car. I'm a big fan and looking forward to seeing the pictures. Also sounds like you have a cool Grandpa! What else does he or has he driven in the past?
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
boggtown

He wanted a viper for a long time but just couldnt bring himself to buy one. He fell in love with this though and now its paid off. Hes driven lots of cars, too many to name in his 87 years. Hes in fantastic health and plays golf all the time, still as sharp as a tack and brilliant. Hes done things in his life none of us will ever do, imo, like build your own model T, build a house, be at pearl harbor and survive, and countless others. Hes actually written a book and has over 100 pages of his life. Hes got a publisher but just hasnt finished it yet. It goes in spurts, like a chapter one week, then nothing for a while, etc... If anyone wants a copy im sure hed email you a copy. Its a good read.

I was like, "he should have got a Z06" my mom said he probably would have if they had had one, lol.

Last edited by boggtown; 09-22-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
I can do smoky burnouts cruising from 35... Go from 60 to 110 in 2 seconds.
You sound like a Corvette guy already with that kind of hyperbole.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
Porscheectomy

Quote:
He wanted a viper for a long time but just couldnt bring himself to buy one. He fell in love with this though and now its paid off. Hes driven lots of cars, too many to name in his 87 years. Hes in fantastic health and plays golf all the time, still as sharp as a tack and brilliant. Hes done things in his life none of us will ever do, imo, like build your own model T, build a house, be at pearl harbor and survive, and countless others. Hes actually written a book and has over 100 pages of his life. Hes got a publisher but just hasnt finished it yet. It goes in spurts, like a chapter one week, then nothing for a while, etc... If anyone wants a copy im sure hed email you a copy. Its a good read.

I was like, "he should have got a Z06" my mom said he probably would have if they had had one, lol.

I wish Boxsters were available in that color. It's so striking.

You Grandfather sounds cool. Spend as much time talking with and learning from him as you can.

Last edited by blue2000s; 09-22-2007 at 05:29 PM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #6

Congrats to your grandfather. Fantastic car. And for once I actually like the amber side markers.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #7

man chevy sure has a way to make an ugly dashboard I like the vettes, but I prefer when the speedo was digital and dead center....yellow vert with a black top still in my future one of these days
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Go from 60 to 110 in 2 seconds.
More like 60-110 in about 8 seconds. If 0-60 is around 4 seconds, the quarter mile is 12.6 secs , your at 8+ secs http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-Timeslip-10811.html
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #9
boggtown

For one, thats the 07, the 08 has the LS3 with 1/5 liter more displacement.
For two, thats sarcasm. I dont actually have a time/speed calibration.
Let me tell you, its fast. go to your lambo after driving your box and dont consider the time to seem like 2 seconds. lol
Old 09-22-2007, 08:26 PM   #10

Quote:
For one, thats the 07, the 08 has the LS3 with 1/5 liter more displacement.
For two, thats sarcasm. I dont actually have a time/speed calibration.
Let me tell you, its fast. go to your lambo after driving your box and dont consider the time to seem like 2 seconds. lol
With the extra 30 hp your looking at maybe a tenth of a sec off in the quarter. Also the one you had was an automatic which generally means slower. but yea I feel ya

The only reason I'm not a fan of corvettes is that you go out on any sunny day and you'll see 50 of them in a few minutes, theyre just wayyy wayyy too common. They don't appeal to me at all because of that. But congrats to him on a nice car none the less
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*

Last edited by pteam; 09-30-2007 at 07:20 PM.
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #11
boxsterz

"...87 years. Hes in fantastic health and plays golf all the time, still as sharp as a tack and brilliant...."

Cheers to your Gramps and not taking anything away from him. But I'd be wary of anyone in a vette driving next to me that was 87 . Even Jackie Stewart.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:22 AM   #12

Thumbs up

Hi, congrats to your grandpa he's cool, just one word of advice ,tell him to remove the fetish feathers and butt-plugs and replace with dices, now that's American heritage

Beautiful car
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 AM   #13

Your Grandfather rocks and so does his car!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #14
bmussatti

Nice car. Congrats to your GP. For his next birthday, you should buy him a new rear liscense plate frame. The chrome linked fence frame has got to go!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco
Hi, congrats to your grandpa he's cool, just one word of advice ,tell him to remove the fetish feathers and butt-plugs and replace with dices, now that's American heritage
Ha, I agree.

Another observation from the pix... are all buildings in KC the same color?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #16
boggtown

Ha, im sure he will get a corvette license plate frame soon. And thats a Hawaiian warrior head. Its pretty cool, I have one in my car, but it was too long to keep on the mirror so its in one of the doors.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #17

I love the Pearl Harbor Survivor plate. Not too many of those around. Especially on Corvettes.

Your Grandpa rocks!

Joe

TorpedoZone is offline   Reply With Quote