986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   First Porsche w/ a question! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/12762-first-porsche-w-question.html)

Pat1USMC 08-19-2007 06:01 AM

First Porsche w/ a question!

Hi,
Just wanted to say hi. Purchased a 2003 Boxster S with 33,400 miles this weekend and loving it so far. What a great car!
Does anyone know if dealerships will do cruise control installations? I don't want to mess with the electronics myself. I called the dealership in Charleston and I received no callback after calling twice. I was a little surprised about that, as I was expecting Porsche service to be better than most.
Thanks guys.

bmussatti 08-19-2007 06:08 AM

Pat, very nice car! Welcome to the Forum.

Ronzi 08-19-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat1USMC
Hi,
Just wanted to say hi. Purchased a 2003 Boxster S with 33,400 miles this weekend and loving it so far. What a great car!
Does anyone know if dealerships will do cruise control installations? I don't want to mess with the electronics myself. I called the dealership in Charleston and I received no callback after calling twice. I was a little surprised about that, as I was expecting Porsche service to be better than most.
Thanks guys.

??? Are you saying your car doesn't have cruise? I think that's std eqpt.
It's on the bottom stalk on the right side of the steering column. The button on the end activates/deactivates.

Regarding a call-back, I'm not surprised. If it sounds like you're interested in buying a car from them they're likely to call you back. If you sound like a tire-kicker looking for info, not so much.

SC986 08-19-2007 06:32 AM

Congrats on the new S and welcome to the forum. I love Charleston but I know you have to be hot down there!

Pat1USMC 08-19-2007 06:37 AM

Thanks for the replies.
No, mine doesn't have cruise control! I couldn't believe it when i figured it out. I didn't even think about it when I was test driving it because I figured all Porsches would have it. I guess we'll see if it can get installed if i ever hear from them again.

djomlas 08-19-2007 07:30 AM

very nice car man, welcome to the forum

rick3000 08-19-2007 11:32 AM

Welcome to the forum! :D
And just drive to the dealer if they don't answer the phone.

husker boxster 08-19-2007 12:01 PM

Great color combo! ;)

Don't know if cc can be installed but that is the least used option on my car. In the 2 yrs I've owned it, I've used cc once. Have opportunities to use it, just love driving the car myself. Something to consider before dropping a bunch of $$$ into it.

Pat1USMC 08-19-2007 01:51 PM

Very true. I just find that it helps me from speeding and helps out with gas mileage on highways. And on long trips its definitely helpful. I'll see i guess.

jci-joe 08-19-2007 05:37 PM

I have CC in my 99 but it was a $400 option. I would look for a local Porsche shop for a quote. Our local Porsche dealer in Mechanicsburg is a rip and they are rude on the phone if you did not buy from them.

I would expect around $500-$700. Not sure if it is worth it as I rarely use it although mine is a garage queen and rarely on the highway for any length of time.

Brucelee 08-20-2007 06:33 AM

Yes they can add CC and yes it is expensive.

Good luck on the ride, NICE! :)