986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   newbie with few question (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/1271-newbie-few-question.html)

tdog 08-02-2004 03:08 AM

newbie with few question

Hi all, I've finaly got my 97 boxster with only 19500 miles, and what a experience has been for me especialy with the unbelieveable weather we have in Seattle. The previous owner has done excellent job upkeeping the car, everyone thinks I just bought it new from the dealer. Few question for some of the experts here. Even though the pervious owner just got the top serviced, last few days when I close the top, the top won't close all the way even after the lights gone off, it's about less than a inch gap between the windshield, I have to force down to close it completely, is there any quick fix for that??, currently, 18inch carrea wheel is on the car, but I saw some thead that 18inchs are bad the car? is that true, finaly, is the coil for heated seat builded in? can I just buy the hareness, and switches to get heated seats?
Are there any boxster owner in here from Seattle? I would love to see what kind of mod or hack u have done to your car

Adam 08-02-2004 09:06 AM

18 inch wheels bad for the car? huh? No, 18in wheels make the car look better. Atleast that's what most people say. They are on tons of boxsters. The coils are not in your seat if it did not come with the heated seats option. There is some sort of rumor floating around that all boxsters have the coils. not true. Sorry, can't help you on the top problem. Good luck.

RandallNeighbour 08-02-2004 10:13 AM

you should take the car to a dealer or reputable porsche repair shop and have the top adjusted. I have a 1997 as well, and I have two problems with my top:

1) The rubberized edge of part of the top does not go inside the grooved plastic trim piece unless I stop the process half way and shove it in there on both sides. This makes my top stop a little too short of the latch.

2) I have to pull on the handles good and hard to get the hook to seat properly and provide a good seal on the windshield and activate the switch that's found up inside the hook area.

Enjoy your low miles 1997. Mine had 81K on it when I got it, but then discovered someone had dropped a brand new (not refurbished) engine in it just before it went to auction in Miami where an ebay dealer bought it and sold it to me. He was very surprised when I called him to tell him he sold me a '97 boxster in super condition with a new engine in it for $15,500!

Who says buying a car sight unseen off ebay is a bad thing?:dance: