Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 01:09 AM   #1

engine check light

i had the engine check light ON the other day and after a week of being ON it got turned OFF by itself! what does it mean? do i need to take my car for a check up?

boxster 2000

donjuan143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:47 AM   #2

There are many reasons for a CE light. If it went off, don't worry about it. You may have had a loose fuel or oil cap, or you're developing some sort of problem with emissions (oxygen sensors or the MAF) that has yet to become a consistent problem.

When and if it comes back on and stays on, go to an autozone and have them use their code reader and then search here (the forum) to diagnose what it is.

[EDIT: Sorry! I didn't see you were posting from overseas. You may have to buy a code reader or go to the dealership. Sorry!]

Now if the CE light BLINKS, turn off the motor and coast to the side of the road. That's bad news. However, it doesn't sound like this is what happened to you.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote