Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #1

Replacing the odments lock on a 99 Boxster

I just purchased a '99 Boxster, and the dealer agreed to replace the missing lock for the odments compartment on the center console. I received the lock in the mail today, it came from Porsche in Germany and included a small key similar to the spare key illustrated in the manual. However, this key does not have the same cut as my standard ignition key (the car only came with one). Should the dealer have specified my key code when ordering the odments lock? And should this odments key work as a spare key for the car?

When I took the lock out of the box, four silver "gates" fell out of the barrel. I assume these are to be inserted in a certain pattern—there are 8 possible slots on the barrel and each metal gate piece has a number: 2, 3, 4, 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #2

The lock should have been ordered based on your VIN. That way your ignition key would fit it.

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote