986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Just used my Durmetric tool and this what i got (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/12621-just-used-my-durmetric-tool-what-i-got.html)

clb0099 08-11-2007 05:24 PM

Just used my Durmetric tool and this what i got

Alarm
W lead

Frequency counter: 3

Interior sensor faulty

Frequency counter: 9

Transponder pill faulty or not
present
Frequency counter: 5

Control locking synchronization

Frequency counter: 23

Heating and Air conditioning

Footwell defr. flaps motor fault

Anyone know what this is really saying? The numbers on top of the errors is the porsche codes . The question is where do i find out more about this?

blinkwatt 08-11-2007 06:05 PM

Have you checked Durametrics website for some sort of database of what all their listed codes mean?

clb0099 08-11-2007 07:16 PM

yes i don't see anything at all.....

Now here is what i got from alldata.com

Fault Code 25
No terminal 86 S recognized.

Check the fuse F 5/1.
Pull off Plug I at the alarm control unit.
Voltmeter at Plug I alarm control unit pin 16 and ground. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock. Display: Battery voltage
Pull off the plug on the ignition lock.
Ohmmeter at ignition lock connector pin 86 S and Plug I, alarm control unit pin 16. Display: < 5 Ohms
If no fault is detected, replace the electrical contact part of the ignition lock.

Fault Code 33
Passenger compartment monitoring sensor faulty.

Replace passenger compartment monitoring sensor.

Test Point 41

Fault Code 42
Wrong key or wrong transponder pill.

Check transponder for presence in the key.
Wrong transponder - not adapted to the vehicle - teach the transponder.

Test Point 9

TEST POINT 9
motor, Footwell / Defrost Valve Signal Implausible

DTC 28

Fault Effect: Valve cannot be adjusted

Diagnosis Conditions

No control module fault stored.
No fault on the supply voltage (5 Volts ).
Signal Implausible

Check footwell / defrost valve for smooth operation.
Pull off connectors A, B, C and D on the heating/air conditioning control.
Pull off connector on the footwell / defrost valve drive motor.
Check drive motor circuits for continuity.
Connect ohmmeter to connector C-8 and drive motor connector pin 1.
Display: < 5 ohms

Connect ohmmeter to connector B-10 and drive motor connector pin 2.

Connect ohmmeter to connector A-12 and drive motor connector pin 3.

Connect ohmmeter to connector D-11 and drive motor connector pin 4.

Connect ohmmeter to connector D-3 and drive motor connector pin 5.

Check wire from connector C-8 to drive motor pin 1 for short to plus and short to ground.
Check wire from connector B-10 to drive motor pin 2 for short to B+ and short to ground.
Check wire from connector A-12 to drive motor pin 3 for short to B+.
Check wire from connector D-11 to drive motor pin 4 for short to B+ and short to ground.
Check wire from connector D-3 to drive motor pin 5 for short to plus and short to ground.

My only questions are where is the "Passenger compartment monitoring sensor faulty"... replace what sensor? Pull off connector on the footwell / defrost valve drive motor where is this? the last question is where is there a Check the fuse F 5/1 in the car?

Rodger 08-11-2007 10:51 PM

The passenger compartment monitoring sensor is located near the dome light by the rear view mirror. You should have two small oval plugs in the dome light mount. Behind the left one is the sensor and behind the right one is the circuitry.

The fuse box is in the driver's footwell next to the dead pedal. Pull the cover and you'll see a row of fuses. The fifth row, first fuse should be checked.

For the record, my car also has numerous sensor failures for the passenger compartment monitoring logged, and several for the central locking system. Both still work correctly, though.

clb0099 08-11-2007 11:22 PM

ok here is the problem about a month ago i put a aftermarket radio in and the alarm sounds randomly when armed. So i decided to buy the durametric software. The good things about the software was that it let me know that my check light bulb was out as well my airbag light bulb was too. But as far as the sensor in the dome light should it be replaced is it a diy? The footwell air condtioner problem is wierd also

mikefocke 08-12-2007 02:06 AM

In the Porsche repair manuals

is where you find the repair/access instructions.

My bet is you have something that is causing all the codes. A shorted controller, or bad ignition switch. It is highly unusual for so many problems to occur simultaneously. Any wet weather recently? Any wetness in the floor mats under the seats?

clb0099 08-12-2007 12:53 PM

well,

I bought a new ignition switch about 2 or three months ago you think i should install it. I has rained but there is no water near the alarm controller under the seat that I felt at all. The bulbs for the check engine and airbag light were out which the durametric picked up . I have since replaced those bulbs and it passed the test with coming any codes for them. Here is my question do you think the compartment sensor is faulty? and if so can it be replaced by me . I am thinking one of those codes is because i have a pioneer avic radio installed and it doesn't see a stock radio attached. is the controller unit a plug and play? Like if i buy one can i just plug it in . if i buy from like La dismantlers or somewhere else?.... Tell Mike what would you think would be the steps I should take in the process of trying to repair these codes. Cause on the OBDIIscanner (the one you to refer to on your site a reliable obd) nothing comes up as codes but on the durametric they all come up... one more thing any idea where the Check footwell / defrost valve is?... do you have a picture of it ?

clb0099 08-13-2007 11:24 AM

*update* Got Response From Durametric

The following was a letter I got from the company

HI Chris,
The fault codes you see in the alarm control unit are very
common. Since none of the fault are currently present then none of these
faults are currently at fault.

As for the Air conditioning fault I would recommend that you attempt to
clear the fault then perform a system check, and see if the fault
returns.

If you have access to a factory manual the diagnostic section will show
the troubleshooting and repair information for each of these fault
codes.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Best Regards,