Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 03:14 AM   #1

Unhappy Possibly the dumbest questions ever posted

OK, so now I found my dream car (2003 boxster S, arctic silver, black interior). And I thought I did my homework and knew as much as a Boxster S crash course can teach you. But here's the problem. I can't get the dang fusebox cover off. Well actually, I'm kind off affraid to pull too hard and bust somethin'.
What's the procedure?

So that's dumb question 1.

Dumb question 2: There is a little button on the fusebox cover. Nothing lit up, turned on, blew up or ejected when I pressed it. So what in tarnation did I activate???

Embarrased but learning

boxstershorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforboxster
OK, so now I found my dream car (2003 boxster S, arctic silver, black interior). And I thought I did my homework and knew as much as a Boxster S crash course can teach you. But here's the problem. I can't get the dang fusebox cover off. Well actually, I'm kind off affraid to pull too hard and bust somethin'.
What's the procedure?

So that's dumb question 1.

Dumb question 2: There is a little button on the fusebox cover. Nothing lit up, turned on, blew up or ejected when I pressed it. So what in tarnation did I activate???

Embarrased but learning
The button is for manually lifting your spoiler For cleaning or showoff when holding still (not while driving... )

The cover shouldnt be so hard to get off... I dont know you newer version but my 98' cover is easy to get off if you pull it upwards

Good luck, and congrats on the car!
williamsF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #3

No points loss for the 2 questions....but major point loss for not showing us a pic of the new S!

If yours didn't come with a owners manual it would be worth the purchase. It is very informative and detailed, one of the better ones I've ever read.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #4

You people are great! Thanks for helping out the rookie.

I spent 15 minutes trying to get a photo in my signature and it just ain't working out!
Gonna have to try again later.

Thanks again!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #5

Dang...how disappointing. Your question wasn't that bad. I was hoping for something like "Where do I put the gas in?" or "How do I start it without the key?" Congrats on your car.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #6

Well have you heard the one about the guy who tried to load a cd in the cup holder?

(sorta the reverse joke of the one about the guy to used the cd tray on his computer as a cup holder...get it?...ok not that funny)
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #7
FIG

My fuse box cover was a bit hard to come off as well......gave it a bit of "juice" and that was that!
FIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #8

On the fusebox issue:
Well I was kinda worried about pulling to hard because of the spoiler buttons at the bottom of the cover. Couldn't really tell if they were part of the cover or not.

After a bit of coaxing by my fellow forum groupies, I rustled up enough courage to give it a good yank and it worked.
Better than my old Mazda 626 fusebox cover that kept falling off!