986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone here going to Boxstoberfest? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/12333-anyone-here-going-boxstoberfest.html)

Rodger 07-22-2007 11:17 AM

Anyone here going to Boxstoberfest?

I've only seen it mentioned on ppbb.com. I've love to meet up with some people on my way down from AK. Perhaps we could caravan together?

http://www.boxstoberfest.com

JP-s-in st. louis 07-22-2007 11:34 AM

I can not make it, but if you want to meet in Seattle for lunch that would be great!

Just let me know.

blinkwatt 07-22-2007 12:11 PM

@ Schnell,

You have balls to travel that whole way,that's one heck of a road trip.

zackwatt 07-22-2007 12:40 PM

Agreed, I would love to go, but it us one hell of a trip

FrayAdjacent 07-22-2007 12:45 PM

Heck, that's only about an hour drive for me. I'm planning on it so far. Would be nice to meet up with some 986forum guys!

Bob O 07-22-2007 03:14 PM

Definitely!! We went last year for the first time and had a ball. Heading south on the Thurs before the event and spending the day Friday in Austin, then off to Friedricksburg Fri afternoon. I don't think our routes will coincide though. Its either straight south on I35 or the back country through KS and OK. We'll look for your license plate when we get there though. It should be a blast again.

Bob

Rodger 07-23-2007 07:11 AM

My route will take me from Lethbridge, Alberta through Montana, Wyoming, Denver, Amarillo, and ultimately San Antonio. I'm staying with friends down there for a few days before the event kicks off.

Jeph 07-23-2007 03:30 PM

265 miles? That should take about 3 hours... right?

I think I shall go. Any DALLAS FOLK want to caravan?

FrayAdjacent 07-23-2007 04:07 PM

I tell you what we should do... if y'all likes you some GOOD BBQ, we should swing down to Llano, about 40 miles south of Fredericksburg, and eat at Cooper's Pit BBQ. It has to be THE best damn BBQ this side of the Arctic Circle!

Bob O 07-23-2007 04:34 PM

Hey Fray: You REALLY don't want to get into THAT discussion do you???? :) Best bbq this side of the arctic circle....pshaw. A couple of slabs of ribs, a couple of pounds of burnt ends and a half gallon of beans from one of several in KC will be forthcoming (assuming they survive the trip!! hey.. it IS a two day trip ya know). You can provide the beer and we'll have an on-site comparison!! ( I was going to bring it last year but wife MADE me come to Austin several days early, since she was working there for the week, and four days in the car with it didn't seem the best for anyone involved:) ). You were baiting me...right??? :cheers:

FrayAdjacent 07-23-2007 05:57 PM

Hehehe Bob, I'll trade you some beer for some BBQ! No problemo!

tightbox 07-28-2007 06:58 PM

Count me in! +1 for Cooper's too

FrayAdjacent 08-11-2007 07:32 PM

This is only a few weeks away!

I'll be there Friday and Saturday... I have to work Sunday, and it's mostly a 'so long' event that morning.

Y'all should come on down!

Rodger 08-11-2007 10:46 PM

I'm still on for the event as well. Looks like there's a go-kart session taking place in Austin on either Thursday or Friday (more of a grudge match between me and a freind of mine), then the Friday meet 'n greet at the Auslander, Saturday's drive, then SASCA is having an autocross on Sunday.

After this trip, I'll never want to drive again!

FrayAdjacent 08-27-2007 07:18 AM

Less than two weeks!

I need to order new rubber for my front end, and get it put on next week sometime. Hopefully the drive out there will be a good enough break-in for 'em!

RandallNeighbour 08-27-2007 09:00 AM

I started another thread and we should all get on the same page I guess...

http://986forum.com/forums/regional-forum/12406-boxstoberfest-sept-7-9-a.html#post113527

Hey, if you are going to Boxstoberfest, please PM me with your cell number so I can compile a list for everyone.

I will be staying in New Braunfels Friday night and driving up early on Saturday morning, where I hope to meet up with all you people at the airport hangar where the bunch is meeting for breakfast and driving instructions.

Although it should not have to be said, avoiding Austin while driving to and from Fredericksburg is an excellent idea. In October of last year, on a sleepy Sunday afternoon, I was caught in more than an hour's worth of bumper to bumper traffic without any apparent accidents or construction work to clog up the roads. You have been warned!

If you're coming from Houston, take 10 to 35 North (New Braunfels) and then over to Fredericksburg via Blanco through Lukenbach. 1888 is a WONDERFUL twisty road to get there :)

RandallNeighbour 08-27-2007 09:02 AM

Rodger, are you REALLY planning to drive from Alaska to the boxstoberfest?

That's just outrageous if you are. I bet you'll win the award for driving the longest distance for the event!

FrayAdjacent 08-27-2007 05:04 PM

I looked around for cheap hotel rates... I figured if I can save a tank of gas by staying out on f-burg for the night on Friday, I would... but dang, nothing 'cheap'...

FrayAdjacent 08-31-2007 08:31 AM

Bump! One week!

I ordered some new rubber for the front... I'll have 'em mounted next Thursday, and will change the earl, too. I have about 7500 miles on the oil, but I do a lot of daily driving and short trips, so I'm probably going to try to stick to a 7-8000 mile interval. Hopefully the ~100 mile trip out there and back Friday will break in the tires well enough.

I'll be driving out Friday afternoon for the meet-n-greet, and will drive back home for the night, then come back out in the morning for Saturday's events. It'll just cost me less to drive home, and it's not that far anyway.

RandallNeighbour 08-31-2007 08:41 AM

I'm all pumped about next Saturday morning too!

Got the AC blowing again, and broke the news to the wifey that I would be packing the humps in the front trunk (if they both fit) so I can drive around in style on Saturday.

Mark (Houston_C4S) is coming over Monday to help me remove and re-install my side skirts so they're not half on and half unstuck. I'm going to drill new holes in the bottom this time so they don't stress the taped areas so much they break away from the car.

I think I'll make up some 986forum.com flyers to pass out to people at the event. I'll have enough to give all you guys some to pass out too.