Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 04:32 PM   #1

An M6 tried to race me today

So I'm crusing down the main street in my town after I just washed and polished the car. I look on the rearview at a redlight and I see a BMW behind. As the light turns green this kid gets next to me revving his engine and looking my way. I look over and see what appears to be a 20 yrd old kid and his dad in a brand new M6! I smile at them and shake my head no way! There was way to much traffic to have a run...besides racing a boxster S against an M6 is like bringing a knife to a gun fight What do those things have 507 hp V10's? So, this is my anti-street racing post. It would have been nice to see how badly he would've kicked my butt though.

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #2

Shame on the dad for letting the kid do that.

You should have nodded and just let him waste some precious gas . . .
JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #3

I passed this guy a few times over the course of the weekend a few weeks ago at putnam... the first time he got flagged to let me pass... I barely made it by him before turn 1 even after he slowed to let me around... haha.

1987 928 S4 white on red and... dead
2004 Chevy Surburban... drinks gas like its cheap or something
easyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #4

i constantly have kids revving their engine at a stop light or while i'm moving. if i can hear your supercharger or turbo, not a chance in hell i'm going to waste the gas especially at $3.34 a gallon.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
boggtown

Not to be racist... but I saw a young black guy in an M6 in overland park a couple months ago. He had to be some sort of NBA player or rapper because this M6 had deep dish 22's or something like that. When I say deep dish, I mean straight up 6 inches of lip or more. It had the window tint and stereo system and everything else you can imagine. It was the bees knees. The rims looked like these except they had black spokes.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
blkboxster

SAME, i was driving my cousins austin martin today and a M5, NOT M6 raced me, those cars are great, V10 oh yeah, and btw we were both even . i love it when my cousin is out of town