986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   What do you think of this combo?? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/12263-what-do-you-think-combo.html)

mikes_box 07-17-2007 11:45 PM

What do you think of this combo??

Just picked up a used hardtop but it was a different color than my car but couldn't pass up the price....i kinda like the contrast a bit and doesn't look to bad... don't know if i should paint it the color of the car or just leave it like that... got the hardtop just in time as i was lowering the top to place the hardtop on the soft top broke... i think its the cable and ball joints so that needs to be repaired. also do you guys think i should paint the wheels black... thanks for your opinions...

blinkwatt 07-18-2007 12:17 AM

Looks nice! Not black,perhaps gunmetal wheels.

Peer 07-18-2007 12:22 AM

Yea, looks really good -- I'd rather have it this way than having both top and body the same color.

-- peer

Chills 07-18-2007 04:30 AM

Looks pretty good.

KevinH1990 07-18-2007 08:25 AM

Previously, I had a red hardtop on a white Miata and I liked it. I eventually swapped tops with someone who had a red Miata with a white top - just because I wanted a change.

Your car looks good with a black top, and if you like it I think you should keep it. However, from certain angles the matching hardtop enhances the looks of the car in a way that a contrasting top doesn't.

kabel 07-18-2007 08:52 AM

I like it a lot. No black wheels IMO, (sorry DJ) I think black wheels are so overdone these days.

djomlas 07-18-2007 09:27 AM

like i said on renntech, i would go and color match the wheels to the hardtop, and then you got urself something there

Perfectlap 07-18-2007 09:31 AM

I will be the dissenting opinion.
It looks ok now... while you wait to have it painted Silver.
add a *Slight* tint to windows, slap on some replica 18" wheels and skirting and your car will look $20K more expensive. There's a guy down the block who keeps the hard top on his Silver Boxster on year round, I don't blame him it looks nice.

xxxalexxxx 07-18-2007 11:22 AM

i would leave the top as is, the color contrast looks kinda cool and do gunmental wheel so it maches the top, also maybe u can paint some details the darker shade to kinda have everyting flow on the car...

dont do black wheels i dont think it would match cuz ur top isnt black plus like someone mentioned black wheels are sooo overdone, seems like everyone who knows how to hold a spray can is doing it and its stupid

racer_d 07-18-2007 12:29 PM

Don't look for validation in others. If you like it.. you like it. Be happy. ;)

porsche986spyder 07-18-2007 12:56 PM

Is that top Black or Metalic Seal Gray? Hard to tell from the pictures. If it is black I say leave it and go with black wheels(gee I wonder why) and if it is Grey, then I say paint it silver to match your car and leave the wheels alone. :matchup:

mikes_box 07-18-2007 01:23 PM

thanks guys for your opinions on the color combination...the top is seal grey...

ChrisZang 07-18-2007 03:58 PM

looks awesome.
The color combination almost suggest you have the soft top up
I love it

shelloiluk 07-18-2007 04:12 PM

looks great

the contrastlooks awesome, i would throw some money at larger s type rims if i was you , not black spray.

looks great all the same

shelloiluk 07-18-2007 04:20 PM

re new h/roof

maybe time to invest in clear light units, ditch the orange ones and dress up the boxster to go with new look roof....new lease of life...just an idea, mineis 03 facelift so only used to clear light units, maybe im biased lol

Jeph 07-19-2007 02:54 PM

It looks really interesting. I'd like to see more photos. Kinda looks like your car has a 5 o'clock shadow. Doesn't look too bad though.

It sorta reminds me of pre-1995 Acura NSXs, with their black dome section.

I'd advise against black rims... that's too much grayscale action -silver, gray, AND black.