986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Joining Your Ranks!!!! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/1222-joining-your-ranks.html)

Richard Truss 07-18-2004 10:07 PM

Joining Your Ranks!!!!

I just took delivery of my 2000 triple black Boxster S. It is absolutely amazing! I will post pictures soon.

one question: I washed her tonight for the first time and i noticed that the top would not drop for like 4-5 hours after i washed it. The button did nothing. But then it just started working agian for some reason.

and clues?

Alienz 07-18-2004 11:03 PM

Hmm that's weird. Top should work fine. If I were you I would immediately check the carpet under the driver's seat and check if it's wet. If it is I might be able to walk you through on how to locate the leakage.

Adam 07-19-2004 05:18 PM

Did you perhaps forget to pull the handbrake at first?

Richard Truss 07-19-2004 07:25 PM

nope. pulled the brake and everything. i actually tried to lower the top no fewer than 20 different times over a 3 hour period. the 21st time, it worked.

go figure.

Alienz 07-19-2004 10:32 PM

I remember weird stuff started happening every where, the top, windows, central locking system. It all started happening 2 days after I washed the car for the 10th time. It turned out that the central locking system unit burned becuase water got in there. Does it work fine now every time you do it?

Richard Truss 07-20-2004 10:09 AM

yes. thus far it has worked everytime. i have not got under the seat to see if there is wetness. I suspect any wetness would have dried quickly because of the dry heat here in vegas. i guess my only option is to wash it again and see how the top does? where would the water have most likely gotten in there? is there a way for me to just tread lightly when washing?

Tool Pants 07-20-2004 11:58 AM

Start with the simple common problem with a top not working.

You have the brake lever up and the key turned on and the top will not move when you push the button. When this happens start the car and see if the hand brake warning light is on.

Richard Truss 07-20-2004 01:46 PM

the brake light not coming on is a common problem with these cars?

Jeannot 07-21-2004 09:06 AM

and where are the pics ? :-)))

Richard Truss 07-21-2004 03:41 PM

:) this weekend, for sure. I need to wash her -- or have her washed....clay bar and the whole detail treatement. the paint needs to sing, and its only mumbling at this point. But, she is beautiful -- you'll see, this weekend.

Jeannot 07-22-2004 11:37 AM

Looking forward :-) but as for having it washed...I think it's part of the joy owning a Porsche: you don't mind actually washing it...well, not as much as other cars and I find myself buying more cleaning stuff than for the house :-)