986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   zeintec hardtop (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/12160-zeintec-hardtop.html)

blueillusion97 07-12-2007 05:57 PM

zeintec hardtop

This thing looks amazing!! I read it used to be 5k about a year ago, has anyone seen then around or someone selling them?

blkboxster 07-12-2007 06:13 PM

imo its trying to look like a cayamn, which i think is a stupid idea.

Boxter 07-12-2007 06:22 PM

I think the opportunity to make your car look that different/updated is outstanding...especially for the DD owners in the northern climates that may have deep pockets. Use the Zeintec for the winter months and switch back for the summer months.

Yes, this topic has been beaten to death but I think it looks great however the price is still too steep.

If they get down into the sub 3k arena they may wind up making some noise given the cost of the stock bubble top.

NickCats 07-12-2007 06:23 PM

I think it looks pretty awesome !

Nick

RandallNeighbour 07-12-2007 07:06 PM

If it was 2999.00 I'd start saving hard for one instead of buying a new glass window canvas top. I'd love a Cayman but don't have the moolah. This would get me very close to the shape for a lot less and still allow me to have a convertible for the few weeks a year it's worth having one here in Sauna City, Texas.

Grizzly 07-12-2007 07:10 PM

I think I might need that. Anybody want to buy an Arctic Silver hardtop? ;)

djomlas 07-12-2007 07:10 PM

they came out w that design before caymen, so if nothing caymen looks like that car, not the other way around

986speedster 07-12-2007 07:37 PM

There is a link to dealers here in the U.S. I think it looks great, is innovative with the hatchback, and as randall stated, best of both worlds. Still too pricey!!

Grizzly 07-12-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 986speedster
Still too pricey!!

It's cheaper than buying that Cayman you're talking about and you can still have the ragtop for summer. Hmmmmm.

jmabasa 07-12-2007 08:11 PM

Sorry but I think it looks ugly. :barf:
Something just looks wrong with it. Like a Porsche that was made in a Kia factory. :barf:

Uncle Bob 07-12-2007 09:40 PM

Hey, don't be sorry....no accounting for taste!

I fell for the top last year...it hadn't even come accross the pond yet. I had to have a hardtop, so I have a stock one and it's great. I still like the look, but I must agree, I was at the track last week.....this made me drool!!

JCL12 07-13-2007 02:28 AM

That top is pretty darn sweet. I like the cayman-ish looks and the extra side windows. Bye-bye blind spots.

Sadly, I can't justify spending 5,000 on a top for an 01 box.

spgribben007 07-13-2007 05:13 AM

I like the styling of the Zeintec top but it looks like it would take a lot longer to switch from hard top to rag top than my current original hard top which I thoroughly love too.

jmabasa 07-13-2007 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Hey, don't be sorry....no accounting for taste!

I fell for the top last year...it hadn't even come accross the pond yet. I had to have a hardtop, so I have a stock one and it's great. I still like the look, but I must agree, I was at the track last week.....this made me drool!!

Well, since you got one, there really is no accounting for taste. :barf:

porsche986spyder 07-13-2007 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmabasa
Well, since you got one, there really is no accounting for taste. :barf:

I guess you don't like the shape of the Cayman then either? Anyone can tell by looking at the Zeintop that it's a basic molded copy from that car, re-fitted and shaped slightly different to fit the Boxster's rear. Look at the lines and shape, there is nothing ugly about it, unless you don't like the look of the Cayman also. :cheers:

Chills 07-13-2007 09:14 AM

If it were $3k I'd buy one. $5k is too much.

I love the way it looks. Its a big improvement over the OEM hardtop, of which I am not a fan.

986speedster 07-13-2007 09:29 AM

Yeah Grizzly, lot cheaper than springing for the Cayman, but with a 2.5l motor, I'd still have to do an engine swap. Decisions, decisions.

Grizzly 07-13-2007 09:41 AM

Hardtop, engine swap, twin turbos, nitrous, parachute and ejector seat would still be cheaper than a Cayman!

RandallNeighbour 07-13-2007 11:01 AM

Still cheaper, but alas, no way to recover the costs invested. It's like throwing money down a drain when you try to sell that oh-so-zippy Boxster in Cayman clothing.

jmabasa 07-13-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I guess you don't like the shape of the Cayman then either? Anyone can tell by looking at the Zeintop that it's a basic molded copy from that car, re-fitted and shaped slightly different to fit the Boxster's rear. Look at the lines and shape, there is nothing ugly about it, unless you don't like the look of the Cayman also. :cheers:

I do like the look of the Cayman especially when fitted with the Techart goodies but that Zeintop is just plain ugly when put on the boxster. It looks like it wasn't really made for the boxster even though it is. Just my $.02. :cheers: