986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   sports exhaust (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/12138-sports-exhaust.html)

AZ UFO 07-11-2007 11:15 AM

sports exhaust

:dance: I have a 2000 2.7 and am going to put a turbo in it but the exhaust i have in it will not work anymore so i have to take it out. Any ideas on where i can sell it at?

blkboxster 07-11-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ UFO
:dance: I have a 2000 2.7 and am going to put a turbo in it but the exhaust i have in it will not work anymore so i have to take it out. Any ideas on where i can sell it at?

so you want to install a bov in your exhaust so it sounds like you have a turbo,HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH MAN THATS JUST STUPID

AZ UFO 07-11-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkboxster
so you want to install a bov in your exhaust so it sounds like you have a turbo,HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH MAN THATS JUST STUPID

It would seem to me that i am not the stupid one if you READ WHAT I WROTE I want to remove the exhaust and install a turbo and in this case i would need a new exhaust but am not sure where i could sell the sports exhaust that i have now for a few bucks since it is about 3500 to buy it new maybe i can sell it somewhere. I was just looking for ideas not feedback from a loudmouth.

986speedster 07-11-2007 12:03 PM

I read it right AZ, and understood what you meant. Just post it for sale in the classified section, and I'm sure someone will scoop it up.

porsche986spyder 07-11-2007 12:35 PM

The classified section here and a regular ad on e-bay should sell it fast. I just sold my old 01 gear shift knob on e-bay for $60.00 and it has been sitting in my garage for over a year. Never though it was worth much since it's used and has scratches on it, but people out there on e-bay will buy anything. :cheers:

Gary in BR 07-11-2007 12:51 PM

I'm interested in hearing the details on the turbo modifications you plan on doing.

AZ UFO 07-11-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I'm interested in hearing the details on the turbo modifications you plan on doing.

There is a company here in phoenix AZ called turbowerx look them up at turbowerx.com for details on the new products they will be coming out with soon looks like a great company to me. I have had a chance to talk with them and have sent many e-mails back and forth about the new turbo they have coming out, sounds good to me from what i have seen and heard let me know if you find out anything different.

blinkwatt 07-11-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

It would seem to me that i am not the stupid one if you READ WHAT I WROTE I want to remove the exhaust and install a turbo and in this case i would need a new exhaust but am not sure where i could sell the sports exhaust that i have now for a few bucks since it is about 3500 to buy it new maybe i can sell it somewhere. I was just looking for ideas not feedback from a loudmouth.

What exhaust do you have that was $3.5k?

AZ UFO 07-11-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
What exhaust do you have that was $3.5k?

the sports exhaust sysyem from porsche 2995.00 plus install about 500.

pteam 07-11-2007 02:15 PM

Why will the special exhaust you have not work anymore?

AZ UFO 07-11-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pteam
Why will the special exhaust you have not work anymore?

I guess the new turbo will not fit into the factory sports exhaust just the standard exhaust.

kouks 07-11-2007 03:04 PM

There's no reason the sports exhaust that you have should not work, just need to fabricate the pipes after the turbo before the rear muffler.

kouks 07-11-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

I guess the new turbo will not fit into the factory sports exhaust just the standard exhaust.

If you think this, please don't modify your car....

Gary in BR 07-11-2007 06:51 PM

I am familler with this twin turbo setup. From my understanding the muffler and cats that you have can stay.

The turbo kit replaces your headers.

More info is available at
http://www.turbowerx.com/

Turbo Werx is in Austin TX

Turbo Kraft the distributor is in AZ

Have a great night.