986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   n'other newbie's first porsche (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/1207-nother-newbies-first-porsche.html)

Shortbus 07-12-2004 04:31 AM

n'other newbie's first porsche

hello All. My name is Christian. I've been in the market for a 00/01 Boxster S for about a yr and a half now, just couldn't find anything within ma budget in the condition i wanted. This past week end I stumbled on this 98 Boxster by total coincidence and just couldn't resist her. Trip and loaded. Got her with 22K miles. Car is new (not like new, new :) )

hope you all likie :dance:

Subanez 07-12-2004 05:15 AM

Congrats! That's quite a color combo...it will definately catch people's eyes!

I just picked up my own Boxster, a 2000, but I have to wait till I get back in the states to see her. I can't wait! Happy driving, and welcome to the site.

-kevin

chickadee 07-12-2004 07:54 AM

Gorgeous! hey, you know with those colors you would fit right in with my future city...Lubbock (Texas Tech). Hope you enjoy your boxster as much as I do mine!

Shortbus 07-12-2004 08:16 AM

Glad you(s) like!!!! I honestly could never put to words the feelings that go through me when i sit in her and turn the key every single time. It's like i get transported to a completely different world.
I'm still not past the initial shock that I own a Porsche.

This is coming from a brand new (nissan) 350Z. :)

Pilot2519j 07-12-2004 03:49 PM

That feeling that you get when you turn the engine on will only intensify. The Boxster is like an addiction that will never be sated. You will want to do is get in and rev that engine up past 4K rpm with the top down every opportunity possible. Sometimes I laugh at myself for feeling the way I do about the car. But like you I get transported into a higher plane with the sweet music of the engine. I find excuses to go out and drive the car.

aglsteven 07-12-2004 06:21 PM

Once you go German, you never go back.

If every time you drive it, it makes you smile, then it was worth every penny

Enjoy it!

F1CAR4ME 07-13-2004 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pilot2519j
I find excuses to go out and drive the car.
I don't bother with excuses any more. I just go out, start it up, and drive until I've got something else to do :)

sTTevo 07-13-2004 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by F1CAR4ME
I don't bother with excuses any more. I just go out, start it up, and drive until I've got something else to do :)
LOL :D

Shortbus 07-13-2004 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pilot2519j
That feeling that you get when you turn the engine on will only intensify. The Boxster is like an addiction that will never be sated.
It's so ironic you call it an addiction. I just had to leave her in the shop yesterday (for some minor little things, mister picky here), and i felt real sad and instantaneously depressed as soon as I saw em drive it off to the porsche service center. At least i'll be lucky enough to get her back today or tomorrow... My Boxster blood level (BBL) is starting to run real low already. :D:D:cheers:

Subanez 07-15-2004 06:00 AM

Porsche addiction...I understand that! I saw a 911 Turbo, black on black, here in North Africa, SO VERY MUCH out of place here, and I almost had a heart attack, and all the other americans here with me learned more than they ever wanted to know about Porsches, because I couldn't come down off of my fix.

All I can do is look at the picture of my Boxster in my hotel room and wait...2 more weeks...