Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #1

Morning drive with no piX to Mt. Rainier nat park

I could not sleep, so I decided to take the car for a 80 mile round trip to the park to watch the sun rise. A ton of wildlife was out, I saw a few big moose deer and killed one bird with my drivers side mirror. Thank god I hit the bird and not the moose instead of the other way around . The road to the park, highway 410, is a grat road to hit 150+MPH with the top down, and It is not often that you can see 100+MPH for over 10 min., but that is just what I did today. Now I remember why I like this car so much. I was just laughing my arse off as I was hitting all the my lines around the corners. However I do think my time with the box will end soon as I may get something with a backseat so my dog can go with me on these drives, afterall he is my best buddy. So keep your ears open guy's, I am in no rush but if the right deal came along, I may be able to get talked into a GT3.

Way too much fun sorry there are no pix but today was just about driving!

Edit;
sorry for the poor writing but I am so tired right now....brain no work!

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale

Last edited by JP-s-in st. louis; 07-07-2007 at 01:34 PM.
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #2

Why not take your dog in the Boxster? (Too big?)
I've got a Springer Spaniel that rides with me all the time. Got a blanket that I keep in the rear trunk and use to cover the seat with. Also ended up keeping an old pillow to lay across the console, since "Jake" lays down from time to time. Makes shifting slightly awkward---hafta kind of arch your forearm and elbow over him, but it's not too bad. First time I had him ride with me (ie without the pillow), he lays down and next thing you know the windows were randomly going up and down, seemingly of their own accord. Took me a few secs to realize what was going on---immediate reaction was that I had fallen victim to some weird electrical problem. Anyway, got the pillow and problem solved.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #3

My dog 'Goldschlager", (lab/Golden mix) is 105 lbs, and try as I may he just will not fit.

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote