Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2004, 03:03 AM   #1

Question newbie, about to pull the trigger on 97 boxster

Hi everyone. I've been following the forum for past few weeks, and in the process of buying the boxster. It started out friend of mine wanting to get an Audi TT and I was joking if he gets it and I'll get a boxster. Anyhow, as I started doing research on the boxster and just felt in love with this car. I happen to ran cross a friend's friend who happen thinking of selling his boxster. The car is 97 with only 19000 mile on it. The exterior had litronic headlight upgrade with clear side marker and silver/red taillight. He also added 18" carrera wheels not long ago, and on top of all this, he just got the motor for top replaced (1500.00) and serviced. And he is willing to let it go for 20K. Should I do it? I know most of you and few people I've talk to saying not to get 97 boxster, but the car is almost brand new, please give me your opinion would be greatly appreciated. P.S. If I do get the car I'm thinking of selling the wheel b/c I actually want other wheel sometime down the road. How much do u think the wheel worth?

tdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:23 AM   #2
b0xt0La

Go for it! This is a very good deal. He already took care of the top so that's a plus. 19k miles are nothing, my 97 has 91k and still running strong. I bought mine last jan for about the same price. For that price, you are very lucky! Get it and rev it Good luck on your decision.

Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote