986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Strange??? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/11554-strange.html)

dcompress 06-04-2007 06:00 PM

Strange???

Hello all -

I am new to the forum. 2 weeks ago a purchased a '98 boxster with 30K miles. It was a local one-owner sale. I was very excited over my new toy, although I probably should have done more research. That has come post purchase. This site has been invalueable. Already I replaced an ignition switch that wasn't working quite right and adjusted the top microswitch because the windows wouldn't go up all of the way. I couldn't have done that without this site.

Now for the strange thing.....I made an appointment at the local dealership. I explained that I just purchased the vehicle (I know, should have done this BEFORE buying) and would like to bring it in for an inspection. I dropped it off this morning and nervously waited....Then I got a call from the rep. He told me that everything looked great, and they suggested doing an oil change, that was it. No mention of a 30K mile service or anything else. On one hand I was glad to hear everything checked out, but on the other hand wondered how close they looked. They didn't even charge me to look it over, just the oil change.

What should I make of it??

Paul 06-04-2007 06:12 PM

A dealer trying to win future business?

dcompress 06-04-2007 06:24 PM

Strange??

That is what I am hoping for. I guess I have seen so many negative posts about "Stealers" that I was expecting to have them give me a list of things that should be done.

Franco 06-04-2007 06:53 PM

Hi, Congratulation for your purchase :cheers:

People on forums mostly complain when something goes wrong and then the topic gets magnified buy other members chiming in to share their similar experiences and at the same trying to find a fix for the problem.

All is not lost honest people still roam the earth :)

djomlas 06-04-2007 08:57 PM

you sure you werent flirting with them in any way? hehe

Dr. Kill 06-05-2007 03:41 AM

I don't think your experience is too strange. I am about to knock over 30k on my Box and the only non-routine maintenance item I have had to replace are the floormats.

Welcome to the forum!

wetstuff 06-05-2007 04:27 AM

Since most dealer exposure is condemnation (w/o benefit of hearing the other side) you should share any good expirences you have had. I'm waaay far from Ohio but I bought a car from Porsche North Olmstead (Cleveland) and was really pleased with how I was treated - even requesting help/information weeks after I was long gone.

I remember my P-dealer - Winner in Newark, Del - doing an oil change for something like $200 and thinking about the, now 130,000mi, Ford Escape I daily-drive that get's a change every 3k at Sears (they bal/rotate for free each time) for $25. Oh well... You either anty up - or learn to DIY.

Jim

Dr. Kill 06-05-2007 04:30 AM

After two terrible experiences with Paul Miller Porsche in NJ, we wound up calling Pioneer Porsche in San Diego and negotiating our purchase over the phone.

The service at Pioneer was exceptional and provided us with a great opportunity for a roadtrip. I plan to purchase our next Porsche (or Audi?) from them