Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2002, 03:41 PM   #1

Nissan 350Z --- NAH!!!

I drove the new 350Z last night around the 'hood. Yea, a lot of hype (for a rice burner). Bottom line -- It is quite fast; but, fit/finish is not, rattles everywhere, brakes are sub-standard, it looks like an afterthought, way too many gagets...... yada, yada...

Oh yea, I could not figure out where the steamer is and if it uses white or brown rice. Also, do not know if it will run on short grain only or needs long grain suplements.

Porsche will not have any worries about customers going to rice with this one!

ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 03:43 PM   #2
JT
Administrator and Founder

what was the sticker price on it ?
Old 08-09-2002, 06:15 PM   #3

350Z

From my understanding, the car will range from around $27 - 35k. The car I drove is one of Nissan's prototypes and is being used by Nissan for marketing until the actual production cars hit the street later this year. It is most likely mid-upper level -- has 18" wheels, GPS, leather, 6 speed (a nice short shift), and CD/DVD player.

Nissan is planning around 25,000 cars per year with 90% under $30,000. Three months production has already been sold. They are most likely targeting the other rice-burners (Toy and Honda) and Corvette. They realize they can not get Porshce drivers and thus are staying away from the $40,000+ car.

ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote