Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2004, 02:03 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Just saw a Boxster get into a wreck :(

I was stuck in traffic today on a road with two lanes going in each direction. I noticed a Boxster behind me trying to cut across and get into the the traffic going in the other direction...then I noticed a big white van coming towards it and heard a "blam" and they hit. I couldn't see much at that point, but when I came back after doing what I had to do the van was over on the side of the road with the front wheel mashed in and the boxster had the front crunched up some. What got me was the man from the van (unless I'm getting the drivers confused) was laying on the ground with paramedics all around him and a neck brace on and the girl from the Boxster was standing over by her car on the phone. I can't help but thinking the guy just wants to sue because I don't see how someone in a fan full of medical equipment who hits a small car can be so badly injured and yet the driver in the small car isn't...unless he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Then when I relayed this story to my boyfrieind he goes, "Well, if I got into a wreck with someone in a Porsche or a BMW I'd sue too." This stuff really makes me mad. Am I going to have to double my insurance coverage if (when) I get a boxster because of this type of garbage, because I'll be more "suable"???

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:45 PM   #2

A few days back one of the news channels here (Denver) had a shot from the news helicopter of a car crash in one of the more upscale suburbs. It was a Boxster upside down on the front lawn of a house.
The interesting thing was that the news anchor is a well known Porsche enthusiast in this area, active in PCA driver's events, etc.
She didn't say anything about it being a Box, so I'm assuming she didn't recognize it with the greasy side up ...
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
My dad once saw a guy standing on the side of an expressway with a very "oh crap" look on his face. He was standing next to his overturned 911...there were no other cars around. Guess he took a curve a little too fast.

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote