Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #1

Warm Weather, the Boxster and a day on the road

What a day!

Planned a business trip and voluntarily traded the company car for the Box today to canvas much of Central Jersey of which included several hours of seat time.

The trip began by winding my way through the green pastures of Holmdel on into Freehold, then out to Allentown and up to New Brunswick and finally back to Monmouth County loving every minute of it.

...between stops I came upon a beauty of a 996 cab (in the very uncommon arctic silver) from the opposite direction and received an unsolicited wave from the young lady driving it.

Not a big fan of the term Permagrin but there it was, in full effect after that encounter, from ear to ear.

...then an 80s era Mustang rolled up on me and I had to fight the urge to engage in a street race with the nudge from a 302 revved exhaust note...
We stopped at the next light and had a friendly chat where he admitted to owning an 80s era 944 and could not help the urge to tempt another Porsche owner.

I continued on with my stops and enjoyed the 84 degree temps to the fullest(all whith the top down of course).

Not much of a point to my ramblings here but thought I would take the time to share an experience that, if not for the Boxster, would otherwise have been just another day on the road.

If nothing else maybe my point here might be to encourage the non-daily drivers of the group to find a way to get that thing out of the driveway and or garage and drive it as often as you can!

Stock w/19" Wheels, stealth K40 front and rear
Boxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #2

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great day. I always look forward to unexpected rides like that. You come home with a smile on your face.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #3

still smiling now after a quick night run...

Stock w/19" Wheels, stealth K40 front and rear
Boxter is offline   Reply With Quote