986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   How do you fill plastic? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/11326-how-do-you-fill-plastic.html)

blinkwatt 05-22-2007 12:53 PM

How do you fill plastic?

This is the results of trying to scrape off excess super glue.........How can I fill the scrapes?

porsche986spyder 05-22-2007 01:01 PM

I don't think you can. Sorry.

Should have used some adhesive remover like Googone. That stuff can remove tree sap so it should clean up super glue.

blinkwatt 05-22-2007 01:11 PM

Gosh Darn It! I had a bottle of Goo Gone 3 feet away from me while I did that.

Perfectlap 05-22-2007 01:34 PM

those are plastic right? Did you try Plexus? Try Renovo with an electric screwdriver buffer attachment.

blinkwatt 05-22-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
those are plastic right? Did you try Plexus? Try Renovo with an electric screwdriver buffer attachment.

I have some Plexus that I will try right now.

The Goo Gone wipped of any left over residue but not it's onlt the scrapes/scratches I have to get rid of. Looks better,but it's still not how it should be.

blinkwatt 05-22-2007 01:55 PM

Plexus helped,still needs some work. Is there like a clear bondo equivalent for plastic?

Perfectlap 05-22-2007 01:55 PM

THe Plexus will clean clear plastic, it won't get out scratches.
You'll need the Renovo for that with the electric power. YOu can use it on the clear plastic softop window too.

blinkwatt 05-22-2007 04:14 PM

I found out the lense covers for the cluster is removable so I will call Sunset to see if they can somehow order a new one for me,if not I will wait till a junkyard gets a messed up in that they will let me take it from. It not even that bad it's just one of those things that's gonna annoy me. Oh well,live & learn. :cheers:

Thanks for all the input.

TriGem2k 05-22-2007 04:18 PM

Let us know if u can order a single lense. I'd order one too.

clickman 05-22-2007 06:35 PM

I saw an ad on TV the other day for a liquid that's supposed to remove scratches from eyeglasses. In the demo they put some pretty major scratches on, and they seemed to disappear when this magic juice was applied.

I didn't catch the name, but some Googling might get you there

porsche986spyder 05-23-2007 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
I found out the lense covers for the cluster is removable so I will call Sunset to see if they can somehow order a new one for me,if not I will wait till a junkyard gets a messed up in that they will let me take it from. It not even that bad it's just one of those things that's gonna annoy me. Oh well,live & learn. :cheers:

Thanks for all the input.

Were you trying to superglue those silver rings on top of the gauges? Next time use a gel superglue, it won't run like the regular liquid stuff.