Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 05:47 AM   #1

driver's side lower

the driver's side of my 03S is about 1/2 inch lower than the passenger side. What is the probable problem? Is this a warranty issue? tire psi is correct.

dkriebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
bmussatti

How long have you owned this car? Possibly the prior owner was tracking the car, and had this specific set-up for racing.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #3

How much do you weigh?

just kidding...

hope it is nothing expensive.

JMW
jwilson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:41 AM   #4

I'd find an independent shop that does alignments, and have them check it out. You might have to have them do what's called a Corner Balance, which tweaks the suspension so that weight is evenly distributed between the wheels.

It's possible someone DID set it up with a little bit of a left lean, for track duty.

A good shop can balance it perfectly, and could even do so to compensate for your weight in the driver's seat.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote