Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #1

BSR / BS-X section?

I truly believe that this being a 986 forum there should be a dedicated BSR / BS-X section. What do you guys think? Is it possible to make it happen? BSR and BS-X is a fairly new class but its growing fast……… I know I’m a new member in this forum and my opinion might not matter much to some but either way I’m staying for sure!! And as I mentioned I believe this would be a great add on

www.boxsterspecracing.org

blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
although its a newcoming sport, i vote yes for that section
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #3

Are you talking about a racing/auto-x section? Cuse my ignorance.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #4

A general Boxster race car section would be a better idea. While the Boxster Spec class is growing, so is the general use of the Boxster in racing. I'm still deciding which way to go myself, actually.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #5

I agree, if not BSR / BSX ....Racing section wound be very good as well....if not even better because as EPIQTODD mentioned there are more and more racing boxsters that are not BSR or BSX. ADAM i was talking about BSR and BSX which are racing and autocross but BSR and BSX are a classes where only 1997 - 1999 stock boxsters are allowed but only with specific and strict modifications like suspention, exhaust, roll cage.....but enine must remain stock, so the winner is prettymuch the best driver since all cars are very close in performance...thats what i like about it
Old 05-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Track rat

Garage
Maybe we need two sections.

First a spec Boxter section for strict " one design class racing" and another section for "open class, modified, unlimited racing" .

This would satisfy both camps and create a forum for car and driver development at each level. What do you think?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #7

^ sounds great to me ..... i wonder what administrators are thinking about this?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #8

I'd vote one sub forum for all forms of racing - DE, AX, BSR, etc... I think separate forums might lack traffic, so keeping it all together might be a good idea.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #9

I sent your idea on to Richard Kwei. I see what he thinks.

Thanks for the idea.

BL

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:58 AM   #10

I think a racing forum in general could be a lot of fun. As mentioned, given the low entry point for 2.5l versions, the BSX/BSR class popularity can only grow. As well as use in PCA Club Race and perhaps even NASA/SCCA. Plus, what works on a 2.5 (all but motor wise perhaps) translates to the 2.7 cars ('00-'04) as well.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #11

Yes - I'm having the tech guys look at doing this.
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #12

I think it's a great idea to have a Boxster "Paddock" area for conversing about Boxster Autocross cars, race cars, or any form of motorsport cars. Currently a used Boxster is such a great deal for the performance potential it can provide. The Boxster Spec organization is doing a great job of promoting the Boxster as a race car. They are currently focusing on 2.5L '97 to '99 cars, but a Boxster fits into so many different classes depending upon engine sizes and modifications that you can pretty much have fun in any class and any region.

I've built up track-only 914-6's and 911's and the Boxster is by far the easiest car to build up and drive in a "bolt-on" form. The car is fun for me to drive yet it is such a flexible platform that my wife has a really easy time going fast as well. She's no wallflower with the gas pedal and still owns a PCA Time Trial lap record in our 914-6, but she just LOVES the Boxster! My last track car was a 300HP 911 winged monster and it was fun to drive, but our 2.5L Spec Boxster is equally fun. And this thing has been relatively bullet proof.

I think a catch all "Paddock" area for discussion would keep traffic up and let us bounce ideas and observations with each other.

Here's a pic of my wife getting ready to go out on the track in our car last month....

Bill P.

Barrick Pickering Racing

Last edited by Bill Pickering; 05-21-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Bill Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #13

Thumbs up

This is great!! I'm glad people are interested... :dance: