Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
JAG

Courtesty Windows/Alarm

Hello Everyone,
I've got a 2001 Boxster S... I've got a couple of issues, I don't have a clue about and I hope your collective experience could help me out. I haven't bought a workshop manual yet... I've had the car for about 6 months.

My passenger side window will no longer, well intermitently, open slightly when the door is opened. Sometimes it will, but mostly not. And sometimes, when I have the door open, it will start to freak, and open slightly and close about 4 times. While it is freaking, my alarm will signal twice.

The car locks fine, and unlocks fine from the driver's side lock, or the remote. Just the passenger window....

Also, almost always, my alarm will signal twice when I unlock the car with the remote or the door lock..

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? Bad sensor in the door panel?

Thanks!

....Joe

JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #2

Another new local owner. One of these days there will be another work on cars day.

As for your problem, it might be the control unit under the seat. I can check it out with a PST2 if you want to stop by the office.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #3

Take Jeff up on his offer... you are a lucky man to be in such close proximity to one of the Boxster world's most knowledgeable persons!

My mechanic told me that if the window doesn't drop a bit when the handle is lifted, it could be a sensor (as Jeff suggested above) or possibly the window regulator, which seem to go out frequently. Mine went out last year on the passenger side.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #4

I'd check the switch in the door jamb, too. Could be that it is not making good contact when the door is open, causing the controller to think the door is open, no, wait, it's closed, no, it's open... wait... it's closed again....

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
JAG

Thanks for the suggestions folks! I feel like it's a sensor.... but I'm also not sure which one it is. I took the door panel off to have a look, and it didn't make a lot of sense... It looks like there's about three of them in there.

This is my first Porsche and I tell ya', this little car is intimidating me. I've been working on Mustang's for years, so I'm comfortable tearing things apart... but all these sensors and cool things the car does. Makes me not want to touch it!!!

Thanks again!

...Joe

JAG is offline   Reply With Quote