986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Hehehehe.....(Supercharged 99') (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/10869-hehehehe-supercharged-99-a.html)

blinkwatt 04-25-2007 11:02 AM

Hehehehe.....(Supercharged 99')

Neat video,I also believe he's a board member as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dWS3Rwtc4c

Man that 2.5L can go!

CJ_Boxster 04-25-2007 11:09 AM

that was a good one.

djomlas 04-25-2007 11:14 AM

why bounce it off the rev limiter that long???

blinkwatt 04-25-2007 11:20 AM

@djomlas,

Did you Photoshop your car lowered for your sig. pic?

super66 04-25-2007 11:21 AM

ummmm...I want one!

unklekraker 04-25-2007 11:24 AM

I think that's Randall :D Nice Very nice :D

boggtown 04-25-2007 12:16 PM

Its gary's. Ive talked with him about the tint he has on his headlights, pretty cool.

conradtan 04-25-2007 03:41 PM

Can't seem to get my car to "burn out" like that. Is there something wrong with it?

Hugh D 04-25-2007 03:45 PM

Randall on this forum? I dont think his car is supercharged.

That's a pretty cool video, but man... I've read about some nightmares with supercharging a Boxster.

RandallNeighbour 04-25-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unklekraker
I think that's Randall :D Nice Very nice :D

I WISH! :ah:

Grizzly 04-25-2007 04:30 PM

It's a really nice looking car as well. The stance and wheel/tire combo looks great.

Conrad, your car will smoke the tires like that...if that's what you really want to do. Turn the traction control off, bring the revs up and dump the clutch. It'll turn the tires.

Gary in BR 04-26-2007 07:07 AM

I am the guilty one!!!

That is my Boxster in the video. We made that one and a few others this weekend, Alot of people where wondering what the SC sounded like and how it performed. My cameraman could have done a better job...in a few weeks we are going to make a few more.

I have been very happy with the supercharger. Most of the problems I have heard of are when people try to up the boost.

As far as bouncing off the rev limiter....i did not mean to but I am not a peel out expert. I think I have done that in the Boxster 5 times in the 6 years I have had it.

Thanks for the compliments on the car!

Have a great day,
Gary

djomlas 04-26-2007 08:05 AM

sweet man, i saw couple other vids of your car few mins before the video was posted here.

its pretty funny, but that day i saw these 2 kids in 2 golf GTIs when i was coming back from downtown (after taking those sig pics, i have a few more that ill post later) and every time we would go under the tunel or overpass they would revv those things up and bounce it off the revvlimiter at eachother for like 20 seconds or so, i couldnt help to laugh, and my GF asked what they were doing, i just said being dumbas$ ricers, we laughed.

well obviously thats not what you were doing, but that was just funny that all that happened in the same day.

sweet ride tho, love the wheels and overall look of the car, very nice my man :cheers:

Bavarian Motorist 04-26-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I am the guilty one!!!

That is my Boxster in the video. We made that one and a few others this weekend, Alot of people where wondering what the SC sounded like and how it performed. My cameraman could have done a better job...in a few weeks we are going to make a few more.

I have been very happy with the supercharger. Most of the problems I have heard of are when people try to up the boost.

As far as bouncing off the rev limiter....i did not mean to but I am not a peel out expert. I think I have done that in the Boxster 5 times in the 6 years I have had it.

Thanks for the compliments on the car!

Have a great day,
Gary

Do you know how much power you're making?

Gary in BR 04-26-2007 10:02 AM

I dynoed the car prior to the instal and it was making 164hp.

I have attempted to get the dyno redone since the install and my schedule and the dyno shop have not been able to get together.

I paid around 6k for the supercharger and I had a local shop put it on, their charge was $750.

The dynos from the supplier showed 230 at the wheels on a 2.5 I am pretty sure I am putting that much down. The car is very fast and keeps the powerband the same as stock, at 3500 the car comes alive and pulls all the way to the red line.

unklekraker 04-26-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary in BR
at 3500 the car comes alive and pulls all the way to the red line.

speechless and jealous :cheers:

conradtan 04-27-2007 08:50 AM

Questions

1. What is the name of the company that you got the SC from?
2. How long did it take to install?
3. What is your mileage since the install?
4. Why the SC instead of the turbo? (Don't remember where I saw one but I'm pretty sure it exists... for about $4K)
5. Sorry about so many questions. :o

Gary in BR 04-27-2007 09:09 AM

1. The company i bought the SC from is not a board sponser so I will PM anyone who is intested the name of them. (this is not something the board mandates as far as I know but I don't feel its not moral to mention companies by name unless they are supporters)

2.Actual labor 3 days or so.

3.Around town the milage has decreased mainly because of my lead foot, I took a 1800 mile roundtrip and averaged 21 or 22 per mile driving in the 80's the whole time.

4. I looked at the turbo and it looks like a great kit, the main reason was that this shop reputation is impecable, there have been 100's of the sc installed and I was able to talk to current owners of sc cars. The turbo is new to the market.

5. No problem on the questions ask away.

Rammer 04-28-2007 05:27 AM

Hi Gary,

please PM me the company name.

Thanks

Bill

[z0ne] 04-28-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammer
Hi Gary,

please give me your car.

Thanks

Bill