986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Cheaper cars and there owners pride (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/10846-cheaper-cars-there-owners-pride.html)

CJ_Boxster 04-24-2007 11:23 AM

Cheaper cars and there owners pride

I stumbled upon a thread in my buddys forum for Acura RSX's. Great car by the way after my friend modded his.

But this thread I found in the forum bothers me, Im no psychologist but i can already see a pattern/method as to how these RSX owners selected what they call "Top 10 Douchebag Cars"... THank god the Boxster isnt in the list.

For anyone who doesnt see the pattern, its simply that all the vehicles selected are either more expensive, beautiful, powerful, faster and desirable in more ways than the RSX.

Bugs me that people derate a vehicle for reasons as dumb as they thought of, especially when you can read between the lines and can tell its probably jealously... Personally i also think its a copping mechanizim for the buyers remorse of the purchase of the RSX.

I dont think we have ever done this on our forum and im glad.

BTW, i sorta agree with number 5.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=466803

super66 04-24-2007 11:30 AM

wait wait....

no. 4 may be on to something :D

Perfectlap 04-24-2007 11:32 AM

Kind of ironic that he says's the Neon is #1 douchebag car that was so bad that Dodge "axed it" as the Acura has axed the RSX.
What happens to CLUB RSX now that their car is defunct?

and what exactly is the slang meaning of "douche bag"? is this a colorful word for boy racer?
p.s.
STI and EVO are great rally cars. DOn't know if they make the ideal daily driver with all that exahust racket.

CJ_Boxster 04-24-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Kind of ironic that he says's the Neon is #1 douchebag car that was so bad that Dodge "axed it" as the Acura has axed the RSX.
What happens to CLUB RSX now that their car is defunct?

and what exactly is the slang meaning of "douche bag"? is this a colorful word for boy racer?
p.s.
STI and EVO are great rally cars. DOn't know if they make the ideal daily driver with all that exahust racket.

Im not sure what the word means, could be a bag of douche or douche the size of a bag???? I remember saying that people who pronouce porsche as "Pors-che" then look around to see who noticed his grammar is a Douche bag.

Yes i agree, EVo and STi are great rally cars and the RSX would never be able to hold up against any of those in a rally.

Yeah they are stoping the RSX to make a 2-door TSX lol.

boggtown 04-24-2007 11:38 AM

Meh.. ranting probably prevented him from going all virginia tech on someone. No harm, just being a douche, lol.

Ronzi 04-24-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
THank god the Boxster isnt in the list.

What's up with that?
The guy couldn't come up with a good anti-Porsche rant?
Jeez, I could come up with several just off the top of my head.

Maybe there are so many Boxsters around anymore that we are no longer worth hating.

Brucelee 04-24-2007 11:43 AM

It is a small man who tries to cut other down to his size!

CJ_Boxster 04-24-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronzi
What's up with that?
The guy couldn't come up with a good anti-Porsche rant?
Jeez, I could come up with several just off the top of my head.

Maybe there are so many Boxsters around anymore that we are no longer worth hating.

Yes, or the boxster trys to pretend to be a true mid engine race car but its not... but they made the cayman so i have to shutup now... douches!

or the douches that drive boxsters steal all the ladys during happy hour at Chili's from us RSX drivers. :cheers:

986 Girl 04-24-2007 11:47 AM

Douchbag is just a new way to say jerk, really.

And almost every car owner that bothers to visit and participate on a forum dedicated to their car has a great deal of pride re: their car. Everyone will have their own feelings about other cars, whether they are more expensive or not. Just opinions, not worldly truths.

jeffsquire 04-24-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
I stumbled upon a thread in my buddys forum for Acura RSX's. Great car by the way after my friend modded his.

But this thread I found in the forum bothers me, Im no psychologist but i can already see a pattern/method as to how these RSX owners selected what they call "Top 10 Douchebag Cars"... THank god the Boxster isnt in the list.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=466803

Freud would have a Pavlovian sloberfest with this character. He needs therapy and some type of pump which can be purchased on the seedier websites.

CJ_Boxster 04-24-2007 12:12 PM

Imagine the dumb stuff they would make up about the boxster if they found out about our thread about there thread LOL good thing we have a secret weapon... MNboxster! lol

unklekraker 04-24-2007 12:25 PM

dude...thats is so freaking funny...hahahahahaha! but i don't know if MN Boxster would take that :D

blinkwatt 04-24-2007 01:23 PM

People only bash what they are jealous of,simple as that. Any moment you make it personal,labeling something or someone,you already lost.

djomlas 04-24-2007 01:31 PM

that guy is an idiot.
come to think of it, i would take most of those cars over an RSX :D :D :rolleyes:

FrayAdjacent 04-24-2007 02:07 PM

I'm just surprised that the guy USED and even correctly SPELLED the word 'bourgeois' when describing the Mustang.

All in all, kinda funny... kinda moronic.

I do agree about the SRT-4. That car is proof of one thing: You can't polish a turd, but apparently, you can make it go real fast!

Grizzly 04-24-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
I'm just surprised that the guy USED and even correctly SPELLED the word 'bourgeois' when describing the Mustang.

He stole that list from elsewhere. If you look at his other posts in the thread, he can't string three words together without misspelling at least one of them.

I'm not sure how you can call the Mustang Cobra bourgeois and not realize that the RSX doesn't even reach the level of proletariat.

Franco 04-24-2007 02:56 PM

HI Guys and Gal's, the reason the Boxster didn't make the list is because it's a girly car :p and how do you make fun of a females manhood :rolleyes:

Can we call a girl a Douche bag :confused:

Brucelee 04-24-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco
HI Guys and Gal's, the reason the Boxster didn't make the list is because it's a girly car :p and how do you make fun of a females manhood :rolleyes:

Can we call a girl a Douche bag :confused:

Have you every seen Mellisa Ethridge?

I am afraid of her!

:D

Travis 04-24-2007 03:39 PM

Forget the list, what about those lime green rims :eek:

velvet_jones 04-24-2007 03:46 PM

I must be the ultimate douchebag. I had an SRT-4 and my Bro had an RSX S Type. He drove it and almost went out and got one. Wifey said NO! Needless to say it smoked his RSX all day long! Though it was a fun car to drive. Handled well.