986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Zaino and protection (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/1083-zaino-protection.html)

aesir 05-29-2004 01:20 PM

Zaino and protection

This is my first time using Zaino...previously a Meguire's gold class guy. Anyway I noticed that Zaino doesn't have any wax. Will the car still be protected from the sun with the polishes? Do I need to get a wax? Unfortunately the car has to sit out uncovered while I'm in the office.

ehljags 05-29-2004 07:56 PM

I have used Zaino's products for over 2 years. As I have noted on another thread, their products offer awesome shines; however, I am also concerned for their lack of wax. Thus, I tend to use Zymol Concours for the wax-business and Zaino for the "shine" business.....

aesir 05-30-2004 10:47 AM

Nice, where do you get Zymol Concours from?

Stryke 05-30-2004 01:12 PM

Sorry guys, but nothing beats RejeX! :)

Adam 05-30-2004 05:00 PM

How come I can't pick up these oh so wonderful waxes up at the local auto zone? I'm sure I'm not the only guy who would pay the big bucks for the stuff.

Stryke 05-30-2004 05:06 PM

Let me teach you something about the automotive accessory business (which is what I do for a living).

In order to have your product in the big chain stores (ie. Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Napa, etc.) you need to pay them "rent" for the shelf space. Not only that but you need to give them at least NET90 terms which they often abuse and make you wait 6 months for your money. These are only a few reasons I refuse to do business with them. I have many of my products in automotive warehouses which distribute to thousands of smaller, mainly privately owned stores. I refuse to be a slave to these conglomerates who want to dictate all of the terms of doing business and often you wait so long for your money that working on such small margins with them makes it unprofitable.

Remember, just because a product is not at Auto Zone does not make it a bad product.

Ad Sach 05-30-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stryke
... I have many of my products in automotive warehouses which distribute to thousands of smaller, mainly privately owned stores. ...
I invite you to share - What are some of the products you represent/distribute/manufacture?

Ad Sach

Stryke 05-30-2004 06:12 PM

They have nothing to do with the topic discussed here so I am unbiased in my liking for RejeX. I use it on all of my cars. I own a line of automotive lighting products ranging from light bulbs to HID systems. We have products manufactured in Korea, Taiwan, Japan and Germany. All of our lighting products are imported to the US and then distributed to automotive warehouses/distributors. I am not looking for self promotion here. I come here to talk about one of my cars, the Boxster S. I like to keep my business separate from my hobbies. :)

If you have a particular interest you may email me. :)

Ad Sach 05-30-2004 06:55 PM

Stryke,

I didn't mean to impugn your integrity or imply your Rejex endorsement was biased - I simply like to buy products from folks I know (IF they are of good quality.)

email is on it's way

Stryke 05-30-2004 07:57 PM

I replied to your PM. :)

Subanez 05-31-2004 02:57 PM

Does Klasse have its place in this forum? I know its not a wax, but a polymer sealant glaze...I used it on my other cars, and the cleaner portion did a great job at bringing back the shine...

donv 06-01-2004 07:01 AM

Both my daily driver Subaru and the Boxster are Zaino cars for me. I've had absolutely no issues with sun fade, etc. etc. on the Subaru - it stays outside all the time while the Boxster gets to sleep in the garage.

The one application difference I see in the Rejex vs. Zaino comparison is the wait time - from an earlier post I believe I saw Rejex required an extended cure time... like half a day? Zaino is ~1 hour (w/no accel. on warm day) or less (w/EFX). I was able to do two full coats on a friend's car this weekend in under two hours - out in the full sun (no EFX).

At one point Charlie and I planned to do a Klasse vs. Zaino comparison, but we've not been able to set it up yet... would be nice to see the three (Zaino, Klasse and Rejex) on one car panel for comparison.

Stryke 06-01-2004 07:14 AM

Rejex is not a wax. Think of it like putting a coat of Teflon on the car. It protects and keeps a nice shine. I used it on the glass, paint, wheels etc. Brake dust washes off with only water, bird $hit comes off with only water, bugs don't stick etc. I was turned on to it by some friends on another Porsche forums and each person who has tried it raves about it. I did three of my cars with it in the last 2 weeks. :)