Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2004, 06:07 PM   #1

Newbie, plus looking for brake caliper powder coating in Los Angeles

Hi everyone - first just want to say I am new to the forum. I got my wife a 2000 Boxster S and I guess it is fair to say I am enjoying it a bit as well!!!

One of her co-workers stepped up from a Boxster to a 996, but doesn't have the red calipers like our 'S'. Met the fellow the other day - he was talking about getting new calipers and I suggested just powder coating the ones he has.

Well, now he has given us his old Boxster car cover so I am trying to return the favor. If anyone can give me a lead in the Los Angeles area for a quality place to change the color on this bloke's 996 brakes I'd be very appreciative.

Look forward to learning stuff about the car on here - I just bought a Ferrari 348 and learned heaps on the Ferrarichat board so hopefully this one will be good for the Boxster!!

Cheers
Kevin

kfhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #2

You might check with Jamey at Paris Audio -

Jamey Rawlings

Work: 877-996-4434
E-Mail: porschetunes@aol.com
Address:
10534 Pico Blvd @ Prosser
Los Angeles , California 90064

He has a way of convincing people they want to throw money at him in exchange for better audio He truly is an Expert in Boxster Audio, but is also connected to other Boxster things in the LA area.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:29 PM   #3

So you recently purchased a Ferrari 348 and Boxster S

Since both cars a new to you, similar in power to weight ratio and mid-engine layout, do you care to compare and contrast the driving experience?

I understand these are both newer cars to you. I also recognize it isn't fair (to the Ferrari?) to compare cars of different decades. Still, I've driven a few of the lower cost, older Ferrari's, found some that I liked (308) and some I cared less for (Mondial), and would be interested in your driving impressions.

Ad Sach

Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote