Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
Forum Member

Newbie Buyer needs advice!

Hello all,

I'm brand new to the board. I used to have a 1998 E36 M3, sold that and got a 2001 CLK 430, and I recently ended my lease on that.

I am seriously looking to purchase either a '00 or '01 Boxster S, and I think the help and advice of some of the more knowledgable enthusiasts of this board can help guide me in my selection process.

Specificially, were there any significant changes between '00-'01? Are there any minor changes, i.e. rear tair lights, interior, etc.

Can someone please try to help me with the options that were available in '00 and '01 when buying these cars brand new? I am not sure exactly what the sports package, sports chassis, lowered suspension, consist of. If I find a car that does not have these packages, can I find something similar OR BETTER aftermarket? Or should I seek hard to find a car that has it all?

Thanks in advance for all help!

boxstertobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:21 PM   #2

Re: Newbie Buyer needs advice!

Quote:
Originally posted by boxstertobe
I am not sure exactly what the sports package, sports chassis, lowered suspension, consist of.
for my 02'
sports package (P63) $1580 Windstop, Cruise control, CD, Hi-Fi

Sport Chassis (030) $ 690 More rigid Springs & Shocks, stiffer stabilizer bars,. The euro 030 is lowered, the US is not.

The option packages remain similar from year to year. You can use the 04 Edmunds options list as a starting point http://edmunds.com/apps/newtmv/TMV?path=lo&action=4&styleid=100368955&tid=edmunds.n.options.ntmv.1..Porsche*

Quote:
If I find a car that does not have these packages, can I find something similar OR BETTER aftermarket?
No replacement for the Porsche Windstop or Cruise Control. There are always lots of choices in CD and Hi-Fi.

For the Sport Chassis, there are H&R springs etc that are comparable and lower. The current favorite option is the Bilstein PSS9.

Quote:
Or should I seek hard to find a car that has it all?

The better price is the car that already has it all. You can't buy and install H&Rs or PSS9 for $700. But hey, sometime you just have to by the Blue One (or Speed Yellow, whatever)

Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote