986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   I Ordered the PSE Today!!! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/10473-i-ordered-pse-today.html)

bmussatti 04-04-2007 02:25 PM

I Ordered the PSE Today!!!

I ordered the Porsche Sport Exhaust today from Phil Coy at Sunset Porsche. I will have it installed by Porsche Motor Werks in Barrington hopefully the week of April 16th.

:dance:

porschegeorg 04-04-2007 02:30 PM

Alright Bill!!!!! Take some pics after its installed.

bmussatti 04-04-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschegeorg
Alright Bill!!!!! Take some pics after its installed.

Dude, it won't look any different. It will use my stock chrome "S" tip. But the sound should. :)

blinkwatt 04-04-2007 02:45 PM

How much does is installation going to cost?

porschegeorg 04-04-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Dude, it won't look any different. It will use my stock chrome "S" tip. But the sound should. :)

oops. i guess i need a sound clip then :o

bmussatti 04-04-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
How much does is installation going to cost?

I called every Porsche dealership in the Chicago area...about 5. And prices were all over the board. Some places had the nuts to tell me 10 hours at over $130/hour! :eek:

Labor will be about $500.

DrRoentgen 04-04-2007 02:58 PM

Five large? It's an easy job, then again I have a lift.

blinkwatt 04-04-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Labor will be about $500.

You must really want that exhaust on then,I hope you enjoy it!

bmussatti 04-04-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRoentgen
Five large? It's an easy job, then again I have a lift.

Dr., define easy?

It will take at least 3 hours. And my car will be the first one they have ever done. So it may be closer to 4 hours. The installation directions for the PSE are 17 pages long!

Luckily I have Sport Chrono, or else it would take another 1-2 hours to install wiring to a switch in the center dash area. They will tie into the Sport Chrono function through the DME.

DrRoentgen 04-04-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Dr., define easy?

It will take at least 3 hours. And my car will be the first one they have ever done. So it may be closer to 4 hours. The installation directions for the PSE are 17 pages long!

Luckily I have Sport Chrono, or else it would take another 1-2 hours to install wiring to a switch in the center dash area. They will tie into the Sport Chrono function through the DME.

Are you replacing the headers too? Maybe I misunderstood, sorry. The exhaust only is a fairly simple plug & play. The muffler has splined clamps that some people cut off in frustration, I reused mine. It sounds like the muffler you picked has a more advanced set up as you mentioned a link to the sport chrono. In either case, enjoy the new note, if the finished product is anything like my sport muffler you will particularly enjoy top down, high RPM noises, the sound is fantastic.

bmussatti 04-04-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRoentgen
Are you replacing the headers too? Maybe I misunderstood, sorry. The exhaust only is a fairly simple plug & play. The muffler has splined clamps that some people cut off in frustration, I reused mine. It sounds like the muffler you picked has a more advanced set up as you mentioned a link to the sport chrono. In either case, enjoy the new note, if the finished product is anything like my sport muffler you will particularly enjoy top down, high RPM noises, the sound is fantastic.

Doc, can you bring your lift to Chicago!

Chills 04-04-2007 04:00 PM

Hey bmuss, where did you order your PSE?

Also, if you don't mind me asking how much was it?

bmussatti 04-04-2007 04:04 PM

Chills, I ordered it from Sunset Porsche (www.sunsetporsche.com).

Again, pricing was all over the board, ranging from $1,934-$2,640! Dealer cost is right at $1,435.

Plus, you got mail!

djomlas 04-04-2007 04:44 PM

nice man, cant wait to see it in person,
and plus u need to give me a ride in you car

bmussatti 04-04-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
nice man, cant wait to see it in person,
and plus u need to give me a ride in you car

DJ, I like you man, I might even let you drive it! Let's work a trade. Will you take a picture of my car while I am driving around a cure at TOD? I want the car crisp, the wheels and background blurry! And a big grin on my face like this guy:

:D :D :D

Chills 04-04-2007 04:58 PM

Thanks, Bill. You've got mail, now. ;)

I think we all should get together and have DJ take pictures of each of us racing by in our Boxsters. Big grin and all.

What do you say, DJ?

Houston C4S 04-05-2007 06:19 AM

Bill,

As I told you the other day.

Get your ears ready for a great day!

Think 60% of a Carrera GT!

And let us know...

- Mark

aren040 04-05-2007 06:44 AM

Congratulations, now if I am not mistaking then this should not net you any power gains, correct? From what I understand I think this will make a great difference in sound quality though.

-aren

djomlas 04-05-2007 07:18 AM

id be down for some moving shots, we all need to get together and have a photoshoot.

im not gonn be going to TOD, doing an autocross and blackhawk that week/weekend with the girl, and plus its my bday on the 7th

Perfectlap 04-05-2007 07:41 AM

wow new Porsche parts for under $1500? Those guys at Sunset must be doing allot of volume.