986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Orgasm on Wheels (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/1045-orgasm-wheels.html)

bamaboxster 05-20-2004 10:54 PM

Initial feelings on new Boxster

ok, just wanted to post how I feel about my new Boxster.

I took delivery of my 2004 Boxster, Gaurds Red, Black interior and top, 18" Carrerra Wheels w/ Pirrelli P-Zero tires, XM Commander Satellite Radio, 5 speed, color matched roll bars, clear bra, yada yada yada....Last Friday Night.

I traded a G35 6Speed Manual Sedan, Premium Pkg, Sport Suspension w/17" wheels, which I loved immensely.

I had been feeling rather miffed about trading the G.

After 5-1/2 days of ownership and 750 miles on it already, I'm beginning to love this Boxster.

I argue the fact that it is a real Porsche to the nay sayers. A test drive usually shuts them up. Out-handling them without PSM usually renders them speachless.

I fortunately live about 15 minutes from Barber Motorsports Park here in Birmingham, AL. There are several twisties in the area nearby where I can push the Boxster.

Its amazing how well this car sticks to the road without PSM.

The power level is increasing throughout the break in period of 2,000 miles. Gas Mileage is at 30mpg on the highway (drove 450 miles on a 15 gallon fill up at about 70 mph avg., leaving 1.9 gals remaining)

I can't wait to have an opportunity to see what it really can do on the track at Barber. After pushing it in the twisties today, I am incredibly impressed with the performance of this car. Just enough power to have fun and no excessive HP to fight.

Tearing through the neighborhood as I usually do, this car one ups the G35 by its sheer handling difference with no PSM (VDC, Infiniti) I am growing more attached to the new Boxster.

Blasting through the turns and still have a softer ride is impressive.

I have one upped some of my peers in purchasing this Boxster and get a mixed bag of reactions positive and negative.

I love the new Boxster. It makes me tingle all over. I'm gradually getting over trading the G35. A weekend of twisties should help.

Bamaboxster

CharlesGordon 05-21-2004 01:46 AM

Well done. Enjoy. :)

bamaboxster 05-21-2004 05:59 AM

sorry about the misspelled words in the last few lines, falling asleep towards the end.

Gerry Leacock 05-21-2004 06:04 AM

How about posting a few pictures of your orgasm machine (the one with wheels) for us jealous people!

ehljags 05-23-2004 02:15 PM

Ahhh, another one has come to the dark-side! I love it!!!!!