Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #1

Question Went to the Porsche Dealership today.............

I used to have a 1988 911 coupe that I loved. I am going to be getting another toy in the next year, no rush. P-cars are on my short list. I love the 987 S and also love the new 997. Anyway, I sat in both and the 997 seemed much more comfortable. The seats in the 987 seemed tight on my back and my legs. Anyone else have this problem? Can they be adjusted? The 997 had no such problem.

Thanks
Bill

Curnut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #2

By the way, here is my old ride.........
Old 04-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
bmussatti

The seats are shared by the 997 and 987. And there are at least 3-4 different seat choices, so make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples. The Sport Seats are more bolstered, and therefore feel more narrow.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #4

I want your car...for free.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #5

I did not see any option for the seats on either window sticker, but I did only look at the window stickers quickly. That said, the 987 S seemed to be a lot tighter, more bolstered like was said below. I will have to look into it more, just curious if anyone else noticed this. Thanks for the quick responses.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
bmussatti

The Option Code for Sports Seats are:

P77 Sport Seats
P78 Sport Seats with Full Leather Int.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curnut12
I did not see any option for the seats on either window sticker, but I did only look at the window stickers quickly. That said, the 987 S seemed to be a lot tighter, more bolstered like was said below. I will have to look into it more, just curious if anyone else noticed this. Thanks for the quick responses.
not a fan of the 911 but I did sit in one since it was in the show room and I wanted to sit and play in a 108K dollar car.....the one thing I noticed is that the seats for the 911 recline further back hence more leg room and overall room...for me more comfort....the box is a tight leg room fit for me at about 6"1
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #8
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
not a fan of the 911 but I did sit in one since it was in the show room and I wanted to sit and play in a 108K dollar car.....the one thing I noticed is that the seats for the 911 recline further back hence more leg room and overall room...for me more comfort....the box is a tight leg room fit for me at about 6"1
Super66...good thing you have a 987 then...more leg room than the 986's!

Alfonso Boone of the Chicago Bears (6-4 318 pounds) just bought a Guards Red GT3 from The Porsche Exchange. Don't forget the Carrera has a "back seat" area. Only for vertically challenged people back there!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Super66...good thing you have a 987 then...more leg room than the 986's!

Alfonso Boone of the Chicago Bears (6-4 318 pounds) just bought a Guards Red GT3 from The Porsche Exchange. Don't forget the Carrera has a "back seat" area. Only for vertically challenged people back there!
Alfonso Boone??? what he have? like a sack? I thought I heard they weren't keeping him??

Very true on the 986...I sit in a AS with red interior years back....that was my preferred color scheme....I didn't fit in the dang thing....when I sat in the 987 I remember thinking wow, I fit afterall, and then thinking it doesn't look like I remembered it looking inside.....

The P-dealer actually let me take it for a weekend to make sure I fit and had enough room to shift....otherwise we were contemplating going tip....

super66 is offline   Reply With Quote