986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   A brand new car -- wooohooooo!!! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/10358-brand-new-car-wooohooooo.html)

z12358 03-29-2007 07:39 AM

A brand new car -- wooohooooo!!!

Took this sunny day OFF. Just unwrapped my box from its hibernation. Had extinguisher mount + extinguisher installed. Had brake fluid changed. Just drove it top down for about 100 miles on sunny country roads. Stopped at a coffee shop for some brunch and typing away on their laptop.

Darn, this Box is such a WONDERFUL machine. I'm in love all over again just like last year when I bought it! And it don't need no stinkin' exhaust modification. The stock sound is just phenomenal.

Just thought I'd share...

Z.

P.S. Take a mid-week Sunday to remember why you slug it out at work.

bmussatti 03-29-2007 07:42 AM

Good to hear, Z!

Why the brake fluid change so soon? How much $?

porschegeorg 03-29-2007 07:52 AM

Alright Z!!! With any luck mine will be out of hibernation in a couple weeks. I'm also having the brake fluid changed in mine. I called the dealer and they said $135.

z12358 03-29-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Good to hear, Z!

Why the brake fluid change so soon? How much $?

Thx bmuss. I'm taking the baby to the track Fri and Sat -- DE at Limerock so I had it tech inspected today. The guys at the club recommend changing the brake fluid every year, and especially since my box has been produced Dec 2005 (I think) I thought it was $60 well spent. One doesn't mess with brakes. All done at a local Porsche expert shop that supports most track cars doing Limerock.

Did you get yours out already?

Z.

bmussatti 03-29-2007 08:01 AM

I'll be out in a couple more days. I store the car in my neighbors garage, and am blocked in right now by a very large construction gargage bin. :( Her kitchen re-model project is a few weeks late, so I am trying to be patient.

z12358 03-29-2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschegeorg
Alright Z!!! With any luck mine will be out of hibernation in a couple weeks. I'm also having the brake fluid changed in mine. I called the dealer and they said $135.

Well I wish you and bmuss a quick de-hibernation.
Gotta go test the stock exhaust note some more. The roads and my ride beckon... :)

Z.

EPIQTodd 03-29-2007 09:00 AM

While I wouldn't trade my weather for one with winter, it sure is nice to take a car out of winter hibernation and be reminded on that first drive just how much you love the car...

Perfectlap 03-29-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
I'll be out in a couple more days. I store the car in my neighbors garage, and am blocked in right now by a very large construction gargage bin. :( Her kitchen re-model project is a few weeks late, so I am trying to be patient.

^typical midwestern niceness....

but I guess you can't bite the hand that feeds you.

everytime I think of LRock I think a couple of years back of Paul Newman finishing 3rd against the Grand Am regulars at the age of 83! (in the rain!!).
PN is the only Hollywood celebrity I look up to.

ct_boxster 03-29-2007 09:56 AM

Nice!

Where did you get your extinquisher mount? I am doing the DE at Lime Rock April 21st. Gonna get the brake fluid changed first as well.

z12358 03-29-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct_boxster
Where did you get your extinquisher mount? I am doing the DE at Lime Rock April 21st. Gonna get the brake fluid changed first as well.

www.************************************************************************************************
Got the extinguisher from them, as well.
Excellent service and lightning fast shipping.

What region is having a DE on April 21?

Z.

fab 03-30-2007 12:03 AM

these prices for a brake fluid change is that at a dealership? My dealership wants $295. and that's a SPECIAL ha!

z12358 03-30-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fab
these prices for a brake fluid change is that at a dealership? My dealership wants $295. and that's a SPECIAL ha!

It's a locally very well respected indy shop specializing in Porsches only. From what I saw, brake fluid change looked very simple -- smth like oil change -- and any good wrench shop should be able to do it for you. I think the break-down was $45 labor, $15 fluid (1 liter).

Z.

Paul 03-31-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z12358
It's a locally very well respected indy shop specializing in Porsches only. From what I saw, brake fluid change looked very simple -- smth like oil change -- and any good wrench shop should be able to do it for you. I think the break-down was $45 labor, $15 fluid (1 liter).

Z.

I use 4 12 oz bottles, one for each caliper. And a Motive pressure bleeder of course.