Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
cartagena

$100,000 Boxster only 1 year old.

Today I went to the Porsche dealer in Bogota. They have a 2006 Boxster there that I remember from a year ago. A year ago they were asking about $85,000 for it. It seems due the change in the dollar (or some other reason) they have increased the price to equal to about $100,000. It looks like my car has actually appreciated in value! I am thinking of selling it at a profit. I might be the only person in the world who got to drive a Porsche for almost a year and then sell it and make some money!

In a couple weeks they are having a 911 imported that they will be selling at the rock bottom price of $170,000 USD. I am thinking about buying it but unfortunately it is white and I prefer red.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:29 AM   #2

Are you sure there are not selling the car with 50kg of cocaine in the trunk????

Just kidding, I am from Venezuela and we have the same thing going on with the prices of cars. You buy them today and within a year the car is worth more than when you bought it. It's a ridiculous economy we have down there in South America.
LuisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
cartagena

I would be afraid to buy anything expensive in Venezuela right now as Fidel's mutant bastard SOB child might confiscate it. I am starting to see some wealthy people from Venezuela move here to Medellin to escape the "revolution".

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisR
Are you sure there are not selling the car with 50kg of cocaine in the trunk????

Just kidding, I am from Venezuela and we have the same thing going on with the prices of cars. You buy them today and within a year the car is worth more than when you bought it. It's a ridiculous economy we have down there in South America.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #4

yeah but they only pay like $3 to fill up their Boxsters in Venezuela!

ahh the good life...
My friend had a similar experience a few years back with a very high end S series Mercedes.

Cartagena, buy low sell high! what's the going interest rate on auto loans down there?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
cartagena

Myself being a foreigner here, I do not qualify for a bank loan even though it is only 18%

I have heard storied of a black market for the gas on the boarder towns. Apparently, people will get old American cars with huge gas tanks, drive over the boarder to Venezuela, fill up with gas, and drive back, empty tank, and repeat, all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
yeah but they only pay like $3 to fill up their Boxsters in Venezuela!

ahh the good life...
My friend had a similar experience a few years back with a very high end S series Mercedes.

Cartagena, buy low sell high! what's the going interest rate on auto loans down there?