Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2002, 07:07 AM   #1
Forum Member

Angry Stop it Now !!!

Hey folks,

I am Jorge's wife and this is getting out of control !! Do you have any idea how often he replaces a car ? Too often. My life is a rollercoaster car ride. Somebody knock some sense into him and have him buy a Yugo !

The Boss !

Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 08:09 AM   #2
JT
Administrator and Founder

Hey,

Who brings home the bucks ?

Now I know why my favorite tv character is Al Bundy !

Looks like I know someone who wont be going for a ride in my new S
JT

:ah:

As the ultimate authority of this site. I have disabled my rebel wife account
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 02:52 PM   #3
JT

She get wht she deserves

Having the ultimate authority on this site, I posted her favorite car with her info
Old 06-23-2002, 02:09 PM   #4

Wink Re: Stop it Now !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindsay
Hey folks,

I am Jorge's wife and this is getting out of control !! Do you have any idea how often he replaces a car ? Too often. My life is a rollercoaster car ride. Somebody knock some sense into him and have him buy a Yugo !

The Boss !

I kind of got that feeling too, that Jorge replaces cars quite often. Reminds me of a friend I have, used to live here, but now is in Northern California. He's one of those people that has a new car every time you turn around.

But, don't make Jorge buy a Yugo, that would be a bit much! Does the Yugo have the RMS problem? Hmmm, probably not. Maybe not such a bad idea after all come to think of it.

How about one of these? This is the Trabant which they used to make in East Germany.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 11:42 PM   #5

Cool

I have the sollution.

Don't replace cars, just by new ones (and keep the old ones around for fun)

Everybody happy :-)

Mark.
markk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 06:47 PM   #6

frequent cars....

Have you looked in her closet lately? I will bet there are numerous shoes; perhaps some never out of the original box......

I tend to use the "my toys" vs. your toys conversation with my wife. She has her toys, I have mine!

Enjoy,
Ed
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:24 AM   #7

Talking RE: shoes

My wife is a shoe addict. I know where you are coming from with that comment! Ha!

Yet, frequent car turnover and buying a lot of shoes are probably not on the same plane. She'd have to buy a lot more shoes than she does to make up the bill for a new Boxster. Probably so many pairs that the house would be wall to wall shoes.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:47 AM   #8

Re: Shoes

Most likely true -- i guess I could of used a better example as even Gucci's and Bruno Magli's will stock a house full to get to 1 Boxster!

However, I do agree, changing cars like "shoes" is a bit excessive, but does sound fun. Historicaly, I keep cars a long time (24 years on a previous bimmer). However, I plan to keep my present boxster around 4 years......
Old 07-05-2002, 06:25 AM   #9

Yeah, I keep my cars a long time too. Had 2 VW GTIs that I had for about 10 years each. We now have a Jetta that is about 2 1/2 years old, hope to keep it a long time too. Intend to keep this Boxster for at least a few years, maybe after that we'll step up to a brand new one, this one is a used one. So far, so good.

You are correct on the shoes, I imagine it wouldn't take that many pairs of Guccis or Bruno Maglis to run up a bill comparable to the sticker on a Boxster.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:50 PM   #10

mike,

I know what you mean -- my wife drives a '91 525i, 165,000 miles, and still running strong. I bought my Boxster new (1 year old a couple of weeks ago). I have not bought a new car since the BMW, so it was time. I now have around 9500 miles, and loving it more and more. My thoughts are to drive it around 4 years, maybe 5, and then look at upgrading to either a Boxster S (depending upon what is in store in '05) or perhaps, take the plunge, and go for a Carrera..... Of course, my wife might have an opinion: She wants an SUV, and to my shock, told me she actually likes the Cayenne (new literature came in the mail last week)!
Old 07-21-2002, 09:06 PM   #11
JT

I dont know about that Trabant. It looks like something Boris would be driving in Rocky and Bullwinkle.

JT
Old 07-22-2002, 05:17 PM   #12

Wink

That is the OFFICIAL ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE car, JT! 0-60 in about 60. You know you want one. Nah, wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. Quite a few (for here) posts since yesterday.