Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

New Boxster

Hi Folks:

Great forum. I'm here because I just bought a 99' Black Boxster after searching around for a couple of months for a mid 90's 911. I'll tell you, I drove the Boxster once and I was sold. What a great car! I love it.

Of course after my first week with it, the check engine light came on. I was just going to blindly take it to Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte and let them correct it. .... Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Stan

Old 05-10-2004, 04:55 AM   #2
Forum Contributor

You should take it to a mechanic or dealer but just to have it put on a computer to find out why the light is on. One common problem for the light to come on is mass air flow sensor. Common symptoms would be the car running rough when idling. Just a thought and if it is the sensor it is very easy to do your self. Just have that mechanic clear the code, buy the sensor and put it in yourself ( it is on top of the engine mounted on the air intake ( 2 screws ).
BUXSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:35 AM   #3
Forum Member

Thank you for the great advice. I appreciate it.

Stan