986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   bumper plug (not for license plate) (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/10079-bumper-plug-not-license-plate.html)

porschegeorg 03-15-2007 05:50 PM

bumper plug (not for license plate)

Ok...I have a stupid question. I put my GT3 bumper on last weekend, and noticed there is a hole on the left side. My old bumper had a plug over this hole, but the GT3 bumper didnt come with the plug. It looks like all of the bumper plugs online are for the license plate holes, not this one. I have 2 questions:

1) What in the world is this hole for???

2) Where in the world can I get a seal gray plug for it???

Georg

Boxtaboy 03-15-2007 05:57 PM

That hole is for the tow hook. You can get the plug for that at bumperplugs.com from the order page.

bmussatti 03-15-2007 06:05 PM

The plug you want from www.bumperplugs.com is $49.95. Order some RejeX too, and maximize your shipping charges. Great stuff and he has a good price for RejeX.

boggtown 03-15-2007 06:22 PM

Why dont you take the one off your old bumper...

FrayAdjacent 03-15-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggtown

+1

(lengthening my post)

bmussatti 03-15-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggtown

shhhhhhhh!

thenavarro 03-15-2007 07:12 PM

He can't take it off the old bumper as it was just installed on my car today!!!

However, Georg, if you can wait a week or so until I get a chance to get back to Dallas to pick up my old bumper, I will send you my old tow cover! I think its nice and clean but I don't have it in front of me, it might have been in one of the areas where paint was flaking and peeling but I can't recall. I'll email you.

Mike

blkboxster 03-15-2007 07:16 PM

no as well

porschegeorg 03-16-2007 03:05 AM

Thanks Mike!!!! And thanks to everyone here for letting me know that the hole is for the tow hook. Does that mean that they actually will tow these cars the old fashioned way??? ....and not put them on a flatbed??

Trakehner 03-16-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschegeorg
Thanks Mike!!!! And thanks to everyone here for letting me know that the hole is for the tow hook. Does that mean that they actually will tow these cars the old fashioned way??? ....and not put them on a flatbed??

No, it means they will attach the hook on the flatbed to the tool in the tool kit that hooks to the frame in order to get the car up on the flatbed.

RTFM,
Z

porschegeorg 03-16-2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trakehner
No, it means they will attach the hook on the flatbed to the tool in the tool kit that hooks to the frame in order to get the car up on the flatbed.

RTFM,
Z

Thanks Z. BTW, I just bought the bumper plug from bumperplugs.com...Eric was very helpful and even saved me a little on shipping. Now no one can tell me to "plug my hole".

Georg

Grizzly 03-17-2007 07:50 PM

Damn! I have an extra that you could've had. I didn't want to commit until I actually found it...which I did. I'm on my third bumper and I keep all the accoutrements from each mashed up one that I take off. Sorry I was too late.

porschegeorg 03-19-2007 03:19 PM

Thank you all for your offers to send me a bumper plug and your info on where I could purchase one. This forum is the best!!!

I just received the plug from bumperplugs.com and it looks and fit perfectly. For $50 it should, but I'm very happy. Eric at bumperplugs was great.

djomlas 03-19-2007 04:18 PM

sweet, you always hear good things about that place.
:cheers: