986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   TPC Supercharger for sale (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/9121-tpc-supercharger-sale.html)

idheaton 01-22-2007 08:44 AM

TPC Supercharger for sale

Hi all,

i'm recently bought a 99 Boxster and am new to this forum..lot of excellent info...wish i would have found it prior to my purchase... :)

Looking to get 2k for the kit, but willing to entertain any reasonable offer...

Reason for Sale:

i (also) recently had a 3.4 conversion done to my boxster and no longer need the tpc supercharger kit on the 2.5

i am unsure of total mileage on the sc (engine had 54k) but for the very short period i was able to drive the car (half dozen times) it appeard to work very well...very torquey and pretty instant pedal response even down low....it was the engine that wasn't holding up so well ... rms and cylinder leaks as well as leaking up top which caused puddling on the engine...i had 2 shops tell me the best/easiest thing to do would be replace the engine....so i opted for an upgrade, hence the conversion instead of having everything fixed and hoping it all stayed fixed.

please post or pm me any questions you might have and i will get back to you asap.

thanks,

ian

bmussatti 01-22-2007 09:22 AM

Idheaton, who did your 3.4 conversion?

Does the SC kit include a big a$$ boost gage? :D

idheaton 01-22-2007 09:38 AM

Roock AutoSport in Atlanta Ga did my conversion and it cost me around 13k

6,000 - 99 996 engine w/ 45k miles
800 - new sport clutch kit
2,000 - used dansk headers / cats / muffler
1,000 - ecu reprogramming
3,000 - labor
---------
12,800 - total

www.roockusa.com

i was on a budget so i had to go with primarily used ...i found a fairly low mileage 99 996 engine which ended up being the replacement engine.

from my short experience with them i can attest to the mechanic's knowledge / experience / work ethic as i had several weeks of vacation at the end of last year in which i spent at the shop watching and asking Micheal (the mechanic) questions about the conversion process.... it was quite interesting and somewhat exciting for me to see the transplant taking place.

if you check their site...they do 3.4 / 3.6 and 3.8L conversions for the boxster.

http://www.roockusa.com/products/boxster.htm

unfortunately no there wasnt a BIG @ss boost gausge....that's probably why whomever had the car before me toasted the engine...heavy foot and no indication of possible overboosting.... :(

- ian

Pilot2519j 01-22-2007 09:46 AM

How much did the Roock Conversion end up costing? I had looked at it once and the price was out of this world. I believe over 20K. Eventhough is expensive and really equates to throwing or burning money away. The performance of the car is unmatchable in any other setup. Have the best of both worlds, the Boxster handling & the power of the bigger engine!
Good luck with your new missile and enjoy it.

idheaton 01-22-2007 09:47 AM

hi Pilot,

see above ... i thought about ppl wanting to know price so i edited my post (probably while you were typing yours)... :D

at present i have around 27k in the car.... i picked the Boxster up for 14k at auction which would have been a sweet deal if everything had gone according to plan...unfortunately things didnt turn out that way.

yes...for that much i could have bought a newer S model but this option gave me more power and the car is what i want visually and ups the hp that an S model would have gotten me.

since i don't plan on reselling it anytime soon....i figure i havent lost a whole lot of money to the entire deal and see it as break even...tho with some initial headache involved as i did not initially plan on a conversion...

Pilot2519j 01-22-2007 04:19 PM

Actually is not that bad. I love my car so I might go that route with a super banger mod like the one you did. When Roock started doing the conversions their numbers where in the 20's. So twelve-thirteen is way below their original quote for the conversion.
Hey you did it and your reasoning for doing it is quite logical for those who plan to keep the car for a long time. Now beat on your chest and scream about the performance quantum delta with the conversion. Give us the pluses as well as the negatives that have popped up. Good luck with it and enjoy it in good health!

idheaton 01-24-2007 11:19 AM

Thanks...i think the biggest minus was having to wait for it to be done after having the car such a short time...atm...it's all pluses... :D

now, back to my original post...anyone interested in a supercharger?

idheaton 02-07-2007 04:14 AM

Taking any reasonable offer as I'd really like to have the money for other mods for the boxster... :D

pics available at... http://picasaweb.google.com/ian.heaton/TPSSupercharger

Porschekid 02-07-2007 04:36 AM

Any idea what parts I would need to get this to work with a 2.7 or is that not possible?

idheaton 02-07-2007 06:49 AM

my guess would be that it will not work with a 2.7L as the plumbing and electronics are made to fit/work with the 2.5L...i'm sure one of the more knowledgeable members can confirm or deny this tho... :)

Porschekid 02-07-2007 07:49 AM

I think a few kits were interchangable but some additional parts were needed... i'm not sure if that's the case with this one or what parts they were.

Aus986 02-08-2007 12:13 AM

I am interested in buying the kit .. can you contact me mitch@lyntonclearance.com
and also send some pics of what is included please

thanx
Aus986

litomonkie 03-03-2007 08:01 PM

Hello. Wondering how much more power this would give you. and also asking price

idheaton 03-04-2007 07:22 AM

kit has been sold...thanks for any interest