Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #1

Wanted headrest windscreens (not center part)

My 03 Boxster didn't come with the mesh headrest inserts, but it did come with the center plexi insert. Need them.

Will pay decent amount. Reply to this, or email matt.oberer@gmail.com

BluBYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
KronixSpeed

whats a decent amount.......

i have one god damit. i've been trying to get the passenger side for the past 2 years. impossible unless you are interested in paying a days pay check for one. try getting two. on ebay they go for an insane price.

good luck. if you can find the passenger side one, i ll sell you my drivers side.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #3

You know, when I first got my boxster I didn't have them and bought them off eBay for about 125.00 for the pair.

I've done some research to have them made in quantity as a business thing for resale to undercut Porsche (they're not patented) but the setup costs were going to be 10k plus $40 per set... no way to make money on that deal anytime soon with the low numbers of boxster owners needed them.

So, you are at the mercy of the eBay sellers or the dealership. Do call Sunset and ask them for a price. They're still expensive, but more reasonable at 10% over cost.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
KronixSpeed

ya 125 for the set is decent. so do you think that you can buy just the windscreens from suncoast or a porsche dealer. i never looked or asked. i just figured that you had to find someone on ebay who wanted to sell them or lost one and was selling the other.

my ordeal was the best. i lost mine driving on the hwy with another boxster driving behind me at a very high speed ( not legal..suicide speeds) and it flew off
and hit him right in the nose.....yeahhhh. well he learned one thing....secure the windscreen! oh n that i was a one crazzyyy driver!